• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 r1200rt price

No and I asked at the dealer last Saturday. My best guess would be within $500.00 of a like 2013 RT. How much did the GSW go up over the GS, would assume a like amount for RT.

That ad also lists a 2014 GS @ 19,500
Beginning list base price on a GS is 16,500 or some such
I priced a new GS without GPS Prep, LED or alarm but with everything else and with Low suspension for about 19,300

so

The 23,700 for the RT must be loaded / with radio, halo LEDs, shift assist, hill assist, and electronic toe nail painter.

A non radio, non halo is probably more like 21ish , if you can order one that way.

Still a lot of $ for many folks.

d'milan

I've seen that A&S Motorcycle price up on the web for a month or so now. I'd say it's all speculation on their part.

I have already put down my deposit on a 2014 RT, so I went to the International DC Motorcycle show last weekend and talked at length with the BMW reps. Mostly I went to go feel the ergonomics. I believw this modes in considerably lower than previous years. I was nearly flat footed on the Standard seat in the Low position. On my 2005 RT, I had to get a Rick Mayer Seat and 1in lowered Hyperpro's to get this.

To answer the price question, they said pricing should come out no later than the end of January. The Reps said that they expect the RT to follow in the footsteps of the GS and be the same price as the previous model year (~300 bucks possibly in their opinion) for the base price. There were two 2 main packages in their Booklet, but my dealer provided me their sales prep training .pdf that says there are 3 (and dealers get demo bikes with a 4th package)... and the reps postulate there will be 6.

You can bet that the 49L TopCase will run you around $1600 since it is the same one that is on the K1600 available with or without central locking.

Reps also said they are hearing that delivery is ahead of schedule a bit... So "late Feb", as opposed to "sometime in March".

Bottom line, we'll have the pricing low down within the next 2 weeks.

Rumor over on ADV is that pricing for the GSA, RT, and Nine T will be released to the dealers on Tuesday next week.

Curious

It appears the "speculated" price of the RT at the provided link was out of bounds. Looking at the site now you have to call for pricing. If I recall correctly the $23k price was indicated to be the starting price. If the starting price were that high, that may be a premium too high for those contemplating a sport tourer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my RT; however, if I were in the market facing that price point I would likely look elsewhere. I suspect the starting price will not be more than $1k above the '13's.

Just my $.02.

It appears the "speculated" price of the RT at the provided link was out of bounds. Looking at the site now you have to call for pricing. If I recall correctly the $23k price was indicated to be the starting price. If the starting price were that high, that may be a premium too high for those contemplating a sport tourer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my RT; however, if I were in the market facing that price point I would likely look elsewhere. I suspect the starting price will not be more than $1k above the '13's.

Just my $.02.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Base price in Canada is $20850. With all the options and all taxes and such I was told around $25000. Probably a bit less in the US as seems to be the norm.

Base price in Canada is $20850. With all the options and all taxes and such I was told around $25000. Probably a bit less in the US as seems to be the norm.

a guy just posted on the LT board that he ordered one and it was 25285 and it didn't have every option, but was well optioned.

My local dealer left a voicemail for me today. Said they had just received final pricing and option package ordering information today. I'll be calling him tomorrow.

It looks like $20,870 is the number.

That's Canada's 2014 R1200RT base price - $20,850.

Canada 2014 R1200GS base is $19,200. USA 2014 R1200GS base $16,100....$3,100 difference. Apply that same differential to 2014 R1200RT models you'd get $20,850 in Canada and $17,750.00 in USA. This appears highly possible given 2013 USA base price was $17,350.00...so a $400.00 increase over USA 2013 model. Of course plus freight and whatever options one plies on.

My 2013's MSRP was $21,345. I'm thinking the 2014 water-cooled version will be around $21,745 with similar options.

2014 rt pricing

I talked to a US dealer and the new 2104 r1200rt's will be $350 more than the 2013 models. This may be a bargain with all the changes BMW has made. It will be interesting to ride one!
:):)

new pricing

I talked to a US dealer and the new 2014 r1200rt's will be $350 more than a 2103 model. This is a bargain with all the changes BMW has made to this model. It will be interesting to ride one.

I'm on the waiting list. #7. Just confirmed my color choice and options wanted yesterday.

Here is a snippit from the BMW pricing guide they sent me (also had pricing for the 2014 GS, Ninty-Nine, and the K1600)

Base Model MSRP $17,650
Added equipment (over predecessor model)
$250 Heated Grips
$400 ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
$100 2 riding modes (rain, road)
$100 steering damper
$350 On Board Computer Pro
$100 Multi Controller
$100 LED white turn signals
-$300 base MSRP increase (+$300)

Standard Package MSRP $18,250
$205 GPS Preparation
$750 additional standard equipment: 2 riding modes (rain, road), steering damper, On Board Computer Pro, Multi Controller, LED white turn signals
$100 Standard Package lower price vs. predecessor (-$100)

Premium Package MSRP $20,850
$50 ?Dynamic? ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment)
$205 GPS Preparation
$150 Hill Start Control
$100 Headlight Pro
$100 Ride Modes Pro (adds dynamic)
$250 TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor)

Then there is "Dealer First Stock" for 21,700 which includes the Alarm, central locking and Auto Shift control. These will be the fist off the truck and in limited Quantities.

Shipping starts late this month... Figure 3-4 weeks to get them from Germany to the East coast.

The base pricing for the 2014 R1200RT in the USA

The base price just went up on the web site: $17,650 (including ABS)

Do you think they're going to sell a few? I saw it at the show in Minneapolis last weekend. The good news is that even without the lowest seat setting my short legs reach the ground. At just over 600lbs with a full tank fuel it is amazing light feeling and has a much lower center of gravity that the current RT

I'm a bit of a minimalist so I would go with very few options. At this price it has become my number one object of desire. I can't wait 'til the snow melts and the test drives begin.

Back