• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 r1200rt price

The same four people who listened to the old bike listened to the new one. From 4 thumbs down to four thumbs up equals 100% in my book. Small sample but enough moto knowledge in the group to be credible. Sorry If I didn't specially mention blue tooth. However listening and determinding quality requires the whole gamet of functions. So as I oringinally stated in "our opinion" the radio is 100% better.

Where did you mention four people listened to the radio and all agreed, so 100%? Didn't see a post regarding a "group" comparison. So may be comprehension follows a well worded statement...ya think? Four people listened to the radio...now there's a Sony like quality control method. Okay, I'll take your word that the radio is 100% better given that "team" evaluation. Just wished you had some real insight. Hope the actual motorcycle is that much better also.

Last edited:
Perhaps the buttons are twice as large, really? Made any friends since kindergarten?

Oh gee, didn't realize you're backing the radio guy. Thought a groundless observation such as "100% better" deserved a like inquiry. Let me know how many friends you garner when you get to kindergarten - really!

Last edited:
I was told the radio/blue tooth option was another $1300.

Personally I think radios on these bikes are a silly waste of space and money. You can't hear the speakers while riding with a helmet on. I would bet almost everyone already has an iPhone or similar with bluetooth or earbuds in their helmet. Why introduce another system in between those. All I need is a cigar lighter or usb plug to keep the phone charged.

Oh gee, didn't realize you're backing the radio guy. Thought a groundless observation such as "100% better" deserved a like inquiry. Let me know how many friends you garner when you get to kindergarten - really!

Gee, what would you have preferred, detailed explanations and affidavits signed by the four people, with accompanying wav. files? Pretty harsh in your attitude really, with the "groundless observation" and all. But that's your opinion, no matter how rude it may be, and his opinion that the radio is better is exactly that, his opinion, and not subject to your being rude, nor argumentative because you haven't even heard the new radio yet. You're just a rude, argumentative person.

Personally I think radios on these bikes are a silly waste of space and money. You can't hear the speakers while riding with a helmet on. I would bet almost everyone already has an iPhone or similar with bluetooth or earbuds in their helmet. Why introduce another system in between those. All I need is a cigar lighter or usb plug to keep the phone charged.

Big mouths behind a key board. Expected more from this forum. I choose to spend my money on what I like and I expect it to work as advertised. You spend your money on what is important to you. Most likely a sand bucket and pail. I don't care to be hardwired if possible. I also don't use my phone on the bike except for the weather app associated with the Nav V. The BT would not play music through the phone. Also old radio would not sync if the gps was on. The ausio sustem was a piece of crap. So I just used the gps as an mp 3 player for music. If it is offered and I choose to pay for it that is my business. Ya'll ride how you want to and leave me ride like I want. Moto mouth complains so damn much but that is ok if it is about something important to him. Grow up and join the adult human race.

Exactly right. Whatever someone prefers, or doesn't want, that's an individual choice. I'm amazed at how people want BT to the passenger, to other bikes, to the radio, to the phone, and want to answer the phone while on the fly. But that's OK with me.

I, personally, treat a MC ride, even a long multi day one as an escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and don't want to be in instant touch with the morons that call my cell and want me to refinance my condo or transfer my CC balance to their card, etc.
I do take my phone, and check it and check in with family at fuel and hydration stops, but no BT, no comm. I had the RT audio system, but never used it.
I am thinking about just using ear buds with the iHeart Radio app on my phone that I keep in a tank bag but I feel every layer you add on, just becomes more of a distraction while riding.

Motodan... You need to put away your math/engineering/general numeracy perspective and realize that in this context "100% better" means "I like this one better than that one". Don't expect any more. You're not going to get it and will only upset people trying.

Exactly right. Whatever someone prefers, or doesn't want, that's an individual choice. I'm amazed at how people want BT to the passenger, to other bikes, to the radio, to the phone, and want to answer the phone while on the fly. But that's OK with me.

I, personally, treat a MC ride, even a long multi day one as an escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and don't want to be in instant touch with the morons that call my cell and want me to refinance my condo or transfer my CC balance to their card, etc.
I do take my phone, and check it and check in with family at fuel and hydration stops, but no BT, no comm. I had the RT audio system, but never used it.
I am thinking about just using ear buds with the iHeart Radio app on my phone that I keep in a tank bag but I feel every layer you add on, just becomes more of a distraction while riding.

I mostly agree. Don't want phone calls etc. However music helps me block out things that are bothering me. May be a layer from awareness but a better one than me churning abnoutr crap I can't do anything about at the presernt time.

Gee, what would you have preferred, detailed explanations and affidavits signed by the four people, with accompanying wav. files? Pretty harsh in your attitude really, with the "groundless observation" and all. But that's your opinion, no matter how rude it may be, and his opinion that the radio is better is exactly that, his opinion, and not subject to your being rude, nor argumentative because you haven't even heard the new radio yet. You're just a rude, argumentative person.

There, that's your opinion. I guess we need three more like that to get to 100%?

mod hat on
How about everyone take a breath here. Nothing constructive other than folks needing to have the last word.
If you like on board radios great, if not great...

mod hat off

I mostly agree. Don't want phone calls etc. However music helps me block out things that are bothering me. May be a layer from awareness but a better one than me churning abnoutr crap I can't do anything about at the presernt time.

Right. What I'm trying to say is- whatever works for someone is fine. To me, it's a bit of a distraction that I sometimes don't need. I'm not saying it is distracting for you, or it's the wrong thing to do. Everyone is different. And there are many riders better than I am.

Sorry to stir things up. I was just reporting that I thought some things were better on the new RT. I didn't realize I needed a full statistical survey to give my thoughts. Moto mouth if you would post the protocall we should follow before posting, I am sure everyone would be appreciative so that we will not incur your wrath in the future.:dance

To add another viewpoint, I believe more accurately 100% of listeners found the new radio better than the old radio. It might only be 7% better but if that's greater than the margin of error of the sampling then it causes a "thumb's up" while falling far short of 100% better. The data so far suggests the former not the latter.

:banghead

I'm 100% sure this is annoying some folks. Does it really matter , it's an opinion right?

unbelievable gentlemen, maybe a reading of the posting guidelines.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_postingguidelines

This one comes to mind:

Code of Conduct

The code of conduct began as a long list of bad behaviors. Instead, the basic rule of the road is Don't Be A Jerk. It is simple and easy to remember. If your aim is to irritate, to insult, to shock or just generally annoy ? please find some other sand box to play in (and there are lots!)

Riding season please return soon for the winter bound. Please...

To add another viewpoint, I believe more accurately 100% of listeners found the new radio better than the old radio. It might only be 7% better but if that's greater than the margin of error of the sampling then it causes a "thumb's up" while falling far short of 100% better. The data so far suggests the former not the latter.

Well it went from unrecognizable to almost crystal clear. Dramatic difference.

Well it went from unrecognizable to almost crystal clear. Dramatic difference.

Almost crystal clear...???

So... All we need now is to find out who ordered the " CODE RED"???:banghead:banghead:banghead

I have not had sooo much fun reading posts like this in a very long time.

Thanks to all the participants.

P.S. I always tell my employees to give me 110% :nyah:nyah:nyah

To bring this thread back on topic...

The price is just too damn high! (historical reference)

But really, based on weight, content, labor costs or any other criteria, isn't there about a 25% premium just for the roundel on the tank?

Will the market accept these prices?

But really, based on weight, content, labor costs or any other criteria, isn't there about a 25% premium just for the roundel on the tank?

Like this:

Based on recent BMW motorcycle sales, the answer is yes!

Back