Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2014 r1200rt price

RT/RTW differences

Do you mean besides water cooling, transmission sharing the same case and oil as the engine, and a wet clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
    So, Does anyone know what the difference is between the RT and an RTW?
    Several thousand dollars for sure.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Do you mean besides water cooling, transmission sharing the same case and oil as the engine, and a wet clutch?
    Nope. I mean this http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/mac...s.aspx?ID=6177 and this http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/mac...s.aspx?ID=6393

Link #1 is an RTW. Link #2 is an RT.
    2013 Goldwing

The difference is NY marketing vs NH marketing. It is the same bike. The New York store is calling it by it's common name (RT) and the New Hampshire store is calling it an RTW, possibly to point out that it is the latest and greatest version.

Expect to see RT, RTW, RT LC, and possible other variations for the same bike, especially when searching for after market add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    The difference is NY marketing vs NH marketing. It is the same bike. The New York store is calling it by it's common name (RT) and the New Hampshire store is calling it an RTW, possibly to point out that it is the latest and greatest version.

Expect to see RT, RTW, RT LC, and possible other variations for the same bike, especially when searching for after market add-ons.
    I see. I read another post on another site where someone referred to the new GS as a GSW, I suppose to note the water cooled engine. However, it seems to me that will just add a bit of confusion to the matter. Myself included.
    2013 Goldwing