• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride my bike! Chi Reg NW burbs

the Wizard of Oz
I may have to leave my 2000 R1100RT in Park Ridge from mid-March to Thanxgiving. Wanna ride it around once-in-awhile? I'll get it serviced at Barrington before I leave town. You might even pick up from there when the weather allows, then drop it at my house and take a short walk to the NW Metra line, come back another day and ride it again. IDK exactly. The tires are good, the rear about 1/2 way. It's got three bags plus a tankbag, Aeroflow screen, bigfoot, and a really nice Sargent saddle. Burn a couple tanks of gas for me between those dates and I'll buy the gas. Just bring it home, put it back on the charger, maybe some Sta-bil somewhere along the line. Take it on a trip, whatever. Just don't crash it, and thanx. PM me. or geneweygandt@yahoo.com.

I may also try to sell before I leave, or ship it out west where I'll be working thru that 9 month time slot and ride itmyself. I'm trying to figure my options, but keeping it on the charger and NOT riding it is not a smart option.

IDK exactly how to figure out insurance, but I bet there's a way.

I'd add a picture but it's an immense pain in the ass on this forum.

It's red.

Last edited:
Back