• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Tire Prices at the 2014 Rally

kckrych

I will likely need new tires by the time July 2014 rolls around and I am considering purchasing them at the International Rally. My question is what have other MOA members experienced at previous rallies regarding availability and pricing?

I attended the 2012 rally in Sedalia MO. I remember seeing A LOT of people getting new rubber during that rally. Naturally I am curious as to "why"? Is it great price, added convenience, is it that they rode a long distance to get to the rally; leaving home with tread and arriving without, or is it something else.....

Thanks

I will likely need new tires by the time July 2014 rolls around and I am considering purchasing them at the International Rally. My question is what have other MOA members experienced at previous rallies regarding availability and pricing?

I attended the 2012 rally in Sedalia MO. I remember seeing A LOT of people getting new rubber during that rally. Naturally I am curious as to "why"? Is it great price, added convenience, is it that they rode a long distance to get to the rally; leaving home with tread and arriving without, or is it something else.....

Thanks

It depends on who is there doing tires. I have seen decent prices and have also seen indecent prices. I personally prefer not to get tires at the rally because I don't know in advance who/what will be there, and sometimes they are so busy, getting a tire is seriously inconvenient.

I think that over the years things have improved, but not every rally. So if I need a tire when I get there OK, but I prefer to not arrive needing a tire.

I believe that Leo's South will be there to do tire and oil changes. I will be seeing them at the International Motorcycle Show next weekend and will get back to you.
-K

Decades ago, pre-interweb, tire prices at the National were usually quite good. As PG said, they are much more variable now. If you need tires before you go, get them. If you need tires when you get there, get them. But i would not plan my purchase around rally availability- prices vary, and selection can be limited as to brands and models.

I believe that Leo's South will be there to do tire and oil changes. I will be seeing them at the International Motorcycle Show next weekend and will get back to you.
-K

Kevin is correct..Leo's South will be a tire vendor, and No-Mar also often does tire changes. I've had tires put on twice at National Rallies, primarily because I didn't want to put them on before, because there was "1000 miles left" on the tire :) :)

Vendors at the rally

Vendor registration for the rally will begin January 31st. Every few weeks after that, the vendor committee will post an updated list of registered vendors on the MOA website. The same information will be posted on the official rally vendor thread. You could contact the vendors directly and they may be able to give you specifics as we get closer to the rally.

I spoke with Mike this weekend and they are still planning to do tires and oil changes. Tire prices will be the same as if you were having it done right at Leo's--no up-charge. www.leossouth.com/

Might want to let them know, in July, if there's a specific size that you need.
-K

Tires at rally

NoMar always does a good job and has a fair price. They are very pleasant to deal with and have a good selection..early.

NoMar always does a good job and has a fair price. They are very pleasant to deal with and have a good selection..early.

I was just at the No Mar store in Fenton Mo. last week and the salesman there stated that they were planning on being at St. Paul, so if you liked their service at past rally's, and need tires, they will be there to support your.....

Back