• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The official Ask Kevin Anything About The Twin Cities thread

twofastdogs

The official Ask Anything About The Twin Cities thread

Music? Arts? Beer? Food? Shopping? Ask here.

What would you like to know?
-K

Last edited:
LOTS of them. Nearly all of them have tap rooms and Minnesota law allows them to sell pints. Most of them will have a food truck parked outside and most have patios to enjoy your :drink.

Here's some lists, and there will be a few more breweries by rally time.

http://mspmag.com/Best-of-the-Twin-Cities/Twin-Cities-Taproom-Guide/
http://mnbeer.com/breweries/
http://minneapolis.eater.com/archiv...to-greater-minnesota-taprooms-november-13.php

Fair warning: Harriet Brewing has a cover charge after 8 p.m., being as they almost always have live music nightly. I'm hoping that this is not becoming a trend.
-K

Last edited:
I've ridden parts of this and it's a great route.
-K

Did you ride your F650 on the Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail (TMAT)? What areas did you like best? Is this your favorite dual sport route from the cities to Duluth?

I did the eastern ride by GPS and feel I would like to ride some more in that area. Any suggestions.

How much traffic should we expect coming and going from the fairgrounds?
It's a populated area, but I'm looking at a couple different ways to get around. Traffic won't be anything like it is during the actual Fair. the fairground sits not that far north of I-94, or you can take Como (south end of the fairgrounds) or Larpenter (north end and one of the entrances) over to Hwy. 280 which will get you to both I-94 and I-35W. It should also be noted that we will NOT be using the main entrance to the fairground.
-K

Last edited:
It's a populated area, but I'm looking at a couple different ways to get around. Traffic won't be anything like it is during the actual Fair. .... It should also be noted that we will NOT be using the main entrance to the fairground.
-K

And there was much rejoicing!:clap

Things to do v1.0

The Mill City Museum, built on the banks of the Mississippi, is a fun destination for visitors of all ages.

From the web site:

"Built into the ruins of what was once the world's largest flour mill, Mill City Museum is located on the historic Mississippi Riverfront. Here, visitors of all ages learn about the intertwined histories of the flour industry, the river, and the city of Minneapolis."

Plus, the BEST view of Saint Anthony Falls anywhere. :clap
-K

roads into the rally site

In addition to Kevin's excellent comments/suggestions Hwy 36 to Snelling Ave or Fairview Ave are two other good ways to access the fair grounds.

As the 2014 Hospitality Co-Chair I will be watching this thread closely. :wave

Brew Pubs

Missing from the websites that Kevin posted is Barley John's Brew Pub. This is a small pub/restaurant. The old porter eight is my favorite.
Kevin are you still exploring the possibility of a brewery tour bus? :drink :beer

Missing from the websites that Kevin posted is Barley John's Brew Pub. This is a small pub/restaurant. The old porter eight is my favorite.
Kevin are you still exploring the possibility of a brewery tour bus? :drink :beer

Steve & Kevin

Thanks for the posts and the info. We're working on having a "beer bus". It will be by reservation....Details will follow:drink

MN Twins Game

How easy is it to get to the Twins game? I noticed they are in town the week of the rally, and I love visiting new (to me) parks. Is there bike parking set aside? Or would you recommend public transit?
Thank you!

Sure seems like it's "Juicy" not "Jucy".

Juicy Lucys are, so Wikipedia tells me and I consequently tell every out of town visitor who passes through the Twin Cities, the ?Philly cheesesteaks of South Minneapolis.?

Thanks Charlie!!!

The 5-8 Club and Matt's Bar are officially on my agenda!!!

I occasionally travel from a point between the two places to the fairgrounds. My favorite path from the fairgrounds would be south on Snelling under I94, right on Marshall (turns into Lake St. in Minneapolis) and left on Cedar. This will take you through several interesting urban areas and is a pleasant ride except in rush hour.

Back