• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back in the saddle again

stebej

After self-gifting with a '97 r1100rt, I'm excited to start riding after a long absence.
I'm not working for money any longer, my wife said she'd ride with me, and everyone says I'm crazy, so here we go.
Winter here in New England, but there are warm days to ride from time to time, so glad to finally get a Boxer-always wanted one.
Looking to learn as much as I can by doing some of the mx. and picking brains along the way.

Mantra. " There are no rules, just referees." Jack Lemmon in Save the Tiger

Smiling Jack

Welcome back Jack!

Glad to hear you are in the saddle again. Nice choice of Beemer.

If you turn a wrench, you can fix anything on that bike. AMHIK :brow

The only rule here is if you don't have a picture it didn't happen. :wave So post a pic of that new ride.

Initial self- gifting photo.

Thank you for the notes, I'll try to add a picture. Jack

After self-gifting with a '97 r1100rt, I'm excited to start riding after a long absence.
I'm not working for money any longer, my wife said she'd ride with me, and everyone says I'm crazy, so here we go.
Winter here in New England, but there are warm days to ride from time to time, so glad to finally get a Boxer-always wanted one.
Looking to learn as much as I can by doing some of the mx. and picking brains along the way.

Mantra. " There are no rules, just referees." Jack Lemmon in Save the Tiger

Smiling Jack

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 60
Welcome to the Forum

Great looking bike, will make for a long winter having to sit and look at in in the garage:bang head

Planning to ride up through the New England states in late April early May if the weather cooperates, have to be in D.C. in mid-April.

Enjoy the good looking ride!

Thank you for the notes, I'll try to add a picture. Jack

attachment.php

Wow, yours is just like the one I owned.

IMG_2249.jpg

I had to tie mine up to the hitching post so it wouldn't wander away with my load of firewood. :laugh

Picture taken on the west side of Rocky Mountain Park when I was on the way home from the Redmond Rally. Stopped to camp with my son and his family. Good times.

I know you will enjoy the bike a lot. Very comfortable touring machine. :thumb

Back