• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

About had it with Gerbing!

W&S gets my vote. I have the remote controller. Warm&Safe will also take in a trade. I had a Widder vest that they took in as a trade. Great liner and the service was good also.

You can interchange any brand of heated gear as long as connectors work. Most new stuff is coax, older stuff can be SAE.

Remember that Gerbings sourced from China for years and got into trouble with poor quality and inability to manage the logistics trail. Moved to NC and got bought, refinanced a couple years ago. New stuff should be OK. The old China inventory should be flushed through the system by now (its sizing was bizarre- labelled by metric methods but not even accurate to those). However, they were still not able to supply well- they had insufficient inventory at the start of this years primary sales season according to some dealers who couldn't get what they wanted. But that should correct itself by the 2014 selling season for their gear.

I've got an old Gordon Gerbings jackets that works fine but I've mothballed my old Gerbings controller and replaced it with the WarmNSafe remote- which now uses AAA batts instead of the 2032 batt of the original. I also have the WarmNSafe jacket which I prefer- it has a nifty pocket for holding the remote controller receiver module and better cord handling than my older Gerbings. Don't own a microwire but it should work well.

Any of the gear for which WarmNSafe is the OEM should also be good stuff..

Jackets are always better than vests- the heated sleeves help keep your hands warm by avoiding heat loss in your arms

Get a dual controller to allow gloves to be set independently- otherwise you'll not like the balance between gloves and jacket on a single. Only gets to low 20s here and at those temps there is no need for heated pants or soles assuming you have decent insulated riding pants (mine are RevIt).

tourmaster

I've used a Tourmaster Synergy jacket liner for a couple of years and been very happy with it. The controller is a bit crude and tends to fall off your leg, but the heat at position 1 is warm, at 2 is hot and at 3 your blood starts boiling! It plugs straight into my R1200RT's socket with not problems, and it was cheap. The connector wire started to rip out of the jcket after I'd tried to walk away while plugged in once too often, but a couple of stitches fixed it. I don't know about their pants but I'd cerrtainly recommend the jacket.

Back