• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 Rally Location

Liaison
Staff member
I don't think this has been announced yet, but I read something about the upcoming elections that made me think a piece of info has slipped out. On this page:

http://bmwmoa.org/TheClub/BMWMOAClu...l-Notice-Upcoming-BMW-MOA-2014-Elections.aspx

it shows that Mark Austin is the Chairman for Kentucky. There's never been a rally in KY. But then I read this post by Chuck Manley:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...ite-suggestion&p=701035&viewfull=1#post701035

and he's indicating that the 2015 rally will be in Zone II or the Mountain States. A rally in Kentucky would be Zone III again. The new zone map is below.

attachment.php

I read it as Mark is the Chairman of the Candidate Search Committee and is from Kentucky.

Could be wrong?

Kevin -

I suspect you're right. I didn't think that made sense. Now back to your regularly scheduled guess!!

Looking forward to the announcement of the 15 Rally.

Lots of good riding in those states!

And, if it is in Colorado, our own Steve Farson has published The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado.

If you are even thinking of riding there, get the book! It is an invaluable resource of roads to ride, things to see and places to eat!!!!!

I went on a nice 11 day ride out to Top of the Rockies Rally (my first ride through Colorado) and Steve's book was priceless for helping me plan some awesome rides. Can wait to get back out and ride some more of his routes in the book. Watching his library of ride videos have been a good wintertime escape too.

I went on a nice 11 day ride out to Top of the Rockies Rally (my first ride through Colorado) and Steve's book was priceless for helping me plan some awesome rides. Can wait to get back out and ride some more of his routes in the book. Watching his library of ride videos have been a good wintertime escape too.

Thanks for the reminder about the videos.

I will be spending some time in the next few days viewing them again.

HOT!!! in July

Billings is going to be a HOT one.... July heat Wow. I'll still be going, but not camping.:bikes

......and it is a dry heat. ;)

Maps of the MetaPark facility can be found here. If you switch the Google map to satellite it appears there are some tree covered areas.

As of right now I plan to go and to camp. I think it will be a blast. I am going to make a big circle round trip ride. Different roads, at least some of them, but same idea as we did riding to Gillette WY. We took the "long Way Round".
Steve

Vermont to Billings. I'm seeing a large arc thru OH, KY, MO, KS (a tiny bit of OK, TX and maybe NM) then curving up thru CO and WY to the site.

Amish Country, Hocking Hills, Ozarks, cattle and wheat, the Rockies, the Tetons, Yellowstone, Beartooth.

In. Definitely in. Me and Barley unless he retires before then. In that case it would be me and Tully.

But first comes the awesome rally in St Paul. :)

If you go through Louisville you really want to eat at Mike Linnig's fish place. This is their 90th year in business. People drive from as far as Indy to eat there and go back home. Also, Mark's Feed Store BBQ is excellent. Both are on the far southwest side of town, near and on 31W respectively.

If you go through Louisville you really want to eat at Mike Linnig's fish place. This is their 90th year in business. People drive from as far as Indy to eat there and go back home. Also, Mark's Feed Store BBQ is excellent. Both are on the far southwest side of town, near and on 31W respectively.

These would be good entries in the Regional Road Food thread for Kentucky! Just sayin'!!

Back