• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cobra DashCam D310

exgman

I made an impulse purchase of one of these Cobra cameras today. Real model # is D810, BTW. I think this is Cobra's attempt to capture a market which maybe doesn't exist in the US but does in the former USSR...a dash-cam in many, many cars on the road capturing meteor explosions, but also remarkable crashes (hardly "accidents"). Here's the URL for the unit: https://www.cobra.com/products/dash-cams/cdr-810

This unit is clearly designed for inside-the-car, aka dry environment usage. It's supplied with a 12-foot-long power cord to a cigarette lighter outlet in the car, a suction bracket for the windshield, and other stuff, including a 8-GB Micro-SD card for recording. My read of the specs is that it'll record 55-min. of video on 8GB and then will record over the prior recording (probably erasing as it goes, so to speak).

My past experience was with a GoPro 3 Black Edition which was complex and finicky (for me), and had very short recording time. The GoPro seemed to be a camera for dramatic events, as opposed to the daily journal of someone crossing long distances, making a recording for purely incident-related purposes. By this I mean the red-light runner, deer strike, etc.

If anyone has experience with this unit, I'd love to hear details. Since Winter is here in the Boston area, this piece is not likely to see a ride on the RT until 3/1/2014 or maybe a little earlier. I'll put in the car, see how it does, and hope for an early Spring.

Happy New Year to all MOA Folks!:clap:groovy:rocker

Last edited:
Back