Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: service light 2010 R1200RT

It replaces the service notice on the display with the grip heater icon. Great fix (work around)... if it's cold outside.

tsp
    My blog: http://www.airheadmoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    ?

OP asked a specific question but gets "don't look at it" answers

Quote Originally Posted by EJANECEK View Post
    hello,

Can anyone tell me how to extinguish the "service" light on my 2010 R1200RT (besides taking it to the dealer)? The manual refers to a yearly checkup, but it was just in for service before the light came on.

Thanks,

Ed
    Sorry but it bothers me when someone asks something specific like, "besides taking to the dealer..." and people, instead of saying nothing reply, "don't look at it." Realy? I think it's a great question. I was able to reset a error light on my Honda outboard because someone showed a way using a bent paperclip to make a jumper and reset the light. I'm assuming that's the kind of info the OP is looking for.
    Okay my rant is over.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    Sorry but it bothers me when someone asks something specific like, "besides taking to the dealer..." and people, instead of saying nothing reply, "don't look at it." Realy? I think it's a great question. I was able to reset a error light on my Honda outboard because someone showed a way using a bent paperclip to make a jumper and reset the light. I'm assuming that's the kind of info the OP is looking for.
    Okay my rant is over.
    Yeah, the one word answers or and obvious “take it to the dealer” is not very helpful.......Not sure what motivates posters to do it.
    Just a (unfortunate) part of forum experiences.
    Enjoy the good, try to tune out the bad.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    Okay my rant is over.
    Hopefully OP finally got an answer...it's been almost six years since he posted his question.
    F850GS

MOA #46783