• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW historical and technical literature

merlin

I'm looking for a couple things: First, a good, historical reference on the BMW motorcycle, from its roots to the present day. Second, a fairly detailed description of the internal mechanics and operation of the K1600 6-cylinder engine. Thanks in advance!

First: BMW Motorcycles. The Complete Story. by Bruce Preston. Crowood Press. Revised Edition 1996. Obviously, late data since 1996 is missing.

Thanks, Kent. When I looked at it on Amazon, it appeared to be written in German. Do you know if this is correct? Thx.

Thanks, Kent. When I looked at it on Amazon, it appeared to be written in German. Do you know if this is correct? Thx.

From a quick review at Amazon, it appears to be in both English and German. The pages are split, one have being English, the other half in German.

Juergen Gassebner is a renowned author of motorcycle books, especially BMW. I have several publications penned by him. He is foremost into the history and heritage of the motorcycle models, not so much company history. Consequently, if you look for info about economic background, R&D and strategic connections of the BMW motorcycle, you may not find it in his books.

Back