• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women with weapons.

Ruth from Savannah scares me. She has that, "I've been in prison and I'm not afraid to go back" look.

Been to prison? I think she ran the place. I wouldn't mess with that lady, even if she was just carrying a wooden spoon. The fact that she posed with a Winchester Model 12 with an installed Cutts Compensator, points to authenticity.

I think she just hunts in area which is very hot, has lots of snakes and bugs, so you don't want loose clothing picking up bugs, low boots a snake can bite above very easily, or layers of clothing to cook yourself to death in.

Just my take..

I see, sorta like how Rambo dressed vs all those guys in pictures from Vietnam..........

A speedo, a few ammo belts for clips and a gun.........

You're funny.
I like the lady in the cornfield wearing the green wellies.
Go back to sleep Angus darlin' . . .

Other than the green wellies and the turtleneck, she was somewhat realistic. Wellies are for the horse crowd. Turtlenecks? I think Austin Powers tried that look.

I've been meaning to write a brusque letter to the editor of the ON about the absence of any saris, lederhosen or burkas.

Looking forward to your letter Kevin. :laugh:laugh I know Vince will run with it. :brad

W/O any ill intent, I noticed very few people of color at MOA rallies.

It's not racist to make observations.

W/O any ill intent, I noticed very few people of color at MOA rallies.

It would be near-sighted not to be concerned. The clubs dominant demographic, upper middle-class retirees, will likely end within 10-yrs. There will be older folks from those income brackets, but they wont have the income.

It would be near-sighted not to be concerned. The clubs dominant demographic, upper middle-class retirees, will likely end within 10-yrs. There will be older folks from those income brackets, but they wont have the income.

The BOD is concerned and working now to try to figure out a way for the MOA to viable 20 years from now.

MOA membership, by definition, will be of value to those who either own, or want to own, a BMW. I'm sure BMW is working on strategies to continue sell more motorcycles, and that won't be to guys my age and older.

I do have a vested interest in the MOA continuing as I'm a Lifetime Member and plan to be around for a few more years. :laugh

I'm sure BMW is working on strategies to continue sell more motorcycles, and that won't be to guys my age and older.

Bud,

Not knowing your age, but I assume it's in the 65 range. Considering that mortgages and children tuition expenses are behind you, I bet that BMW, just like Harley, has a special place in their marketing plan for you.

Bud,

Not knowing your age, but I assume it's in the 65 range. Considering that mortgages and children tuition expenses are behind you, I bet that BMW, just like Harley, has a special place in their marketing plan for you.

Good guess, 67.

At this stage of my life, a new motorcycle isn't a purchase I consider. I've owned 6 Beemers, all used and all a good value IMO considering what I paid for them and the enjoyment I got from them.

Could I buy a new one? Sure. Will I, no. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit and then buy.

But I'm sure that BMW has some marketing plan for "Heritage riders" such as me.

But they need a lot more younger riders to enter the family. Us old pharts can not continue to support them forever. :)

Good guess, 67.

At this stage of my life, a new motorcycle isn't a purchase I consider. I've owned 6 Beemers, all used and all a good value IMO considering what I paid for them and the enjoyment I got from them.

Could I buy a new one? Sure. Will I, no. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit and then buy.

But I'm sure that BMW has some marketing plan for "Heritage riders" such as me.

But they need a lot more younger riders to enter the family. Us old pharts can not continue to support them forever. :)

Bud,

I'm 54 and most of the customers I see in BMW dealerships are older and, apparently, wealthier than I.

Bud,

I'm 54 and most of the customers I see in BMW dealerships are older and, apparently, wealthier than I.

Except for those S1000RR riders. And many of the R1200/F800/F650/F700GS riders.

Me - I buy K75s and BMW hasn't directly benefitted from selling one of those since 1995 or maybe 1996 with a leftover or two. But they do get me with parts sales. Except K75s almost never need parts.

Except for those S1000RR riders. And many of the R1200/F800/F650/F700GS riders.

Me - I buy K75s and BMW hasn't directly benefitted from selling one of those since 1995 or maybe 1996 with a leftover or two. But they do get me with parts sales. Except K75s almost never need parts.

I owned no. 30 of the US imports for 13-yrs. It took me a long time to accept the vibration in the more advanced 99 R11RS.

K75 parts? A bulb or two, perhaps. I did replace the shock and fork springs at 20K and installed a Corbin Seat which was fantastic.

Stiil like the lady in the Wellies.
They're for riding? I thought they were for gardening.

Wellies. For mucking about on the moors.

For stylishly mucking about in the stalls.....

horse noun \ˈhȯrs\

1) a dog with the appetite of a cow

2) a frame used to support a piece of wood while it is being cut with a saw; saw-horse

3) a 300-lb gymnast

4) an ingredient of glue

I like women with guns, and think the profile portraits are all pretty nice. Definitely, I wouldn't "mess" with any of them... but then again, I don't go around "messing" with people as a matter of course. :laugh

Just perusing this thread, there are a few interesting comments... I'll skip commenting on some of them but will add that I am a "used" BMW buyer myself. With certainly thousands (hundreds of thousands? millions?) of used, reliable bikes on the market... why buy new?

A girl named shooter

I met a girl in the swamps near Sumter, SC in 1984. Later on, I learned that her name was "Shooter". She was in the duck blind near the small island I was shooting from. I counted her shots and her ducks. She shot 11 times and bagged 8 ducks. I followed her boat to Packs Landing. It turned out that her father owned the place and she had been shooting since she was 11 years old. That evening, I found out why they called her "Shooter". It had nothing to do with how well she handled her Remington 870. I woke up on the floor with the smell of her cooking me breakfast.

Gentlemen, there are women out there who can shoot and do it well. I have had the privilege of knowing quite a few of them. I shot competitively in the Navy and was frequently beaten by a tiny nurse.

I enjoyed the photos and will likely buy the book; thanks for posting.

Back