• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"GS-911 WiFi" beta testing has started!

They're working through a list of approximately 175 enhancements and bug reports we did on first beta and I suspect they'll run a second here before too long. Fwiw

Just heard from one of their developers that they're building a new release for testing. (As I type this)

Just thought I'd post an update as a second beta is now available and we are actively testing it.

My initial reaction is WOW - they've incorporated a lot of the feedback from the first beta and there's at least a 10 fold speed increase. I thought first beta was "usable", but now it's downright nice!

Anyway - just thought I'd share some tidbits. Having just returned from a ~4800 mile week where I was doing a lot of riding faster than I normally would have I was curious what might be lurking in the bikes computer system. Reading the engine controller fault codes (didn't expect any) was surprised to see a "low oil warning", pulling up the details and matching against my trip log and it corresponded exactly to the odometer reading where I got a "check oil" message on the dash at a fuel stop! ;)

Going on to the alarm system controller I noticed fault codes that show my having set it off two times in 8 tenths of a mile. Checking again and it corresponds to my 902 mile day when I managed to embarrass myself in front of 20-30 google maps employees, and again later leaving the restaurant. :)

adebedyz.jpg

One nice feature they've added is the ability to send the diagnostics generated via an email, so if you've got a iPhone, or other smart phone you can drive the device, collect diagnostics and send them on to your service writer, etc.

Ok, back to testing.

Have a good one,
Dave

Back