• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ah yes, the end of the year....time for reflection-

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it?s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards".
― Edward Abbey

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome,
dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.
May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
May your rivers flow without end, meandering through
pastoral valleys tinkling with bells,
past temples and castles and poets' towers
into a dark primeval forest
where tigers belch and monkeys howl,
through miasmal and mysterious swamps
and down into a desert of red rock, blue mesas, domes
and pinnacles and grottos of endless stone,
and down again into a deep vast ancient unknown chasm
where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled cliffs,
where deer walk across the white sand beaches,
where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the high crags,
where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder
than your deepest dreams waits for you
--- beyond that next turning of the canyon walls.
- Edward Abbey

:dance

I'll see your Edward Abbey

and raise you William S Burroughs-
This seems to resonate somewhat for 2013.
Delightfully avant garde.
Great imagery.

Random You Tube Finds PT IV

Johnny Cash Covers Trent Reznor
Brings tears to my eyes every time.

Last edited:
Reflective You Tube Jaunt PT VI

Time lapse earth fly-over with solo piano.

2013. A year of ups & downs; a year of good travel, good work, and good friends.

Merry Christmas everyone.
have a wonderful day.

My Mother gave me a pile of papers from the past.......
One was the original invoice for the cost of my delivery- $125.00
A bargin at twice the price :brad

This is framed and hangs in my office .........

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children; to learn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a little bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

:gerg

Certainly goals to aspire to, Kevin. The devil, as always, is in the details. But if we would assume that even someone with whom we disagree had those goals, the world would, indeed, be a better place.

Back