Thread: Transforming Light TRK into "sport bike": shocks & tires?

On the Road

Talking Transforming Light TRK into "sport bike": shocks & tires?

I've got 34K (16K from me) on a 2001 LT and "mostly" love it. Previous bike was a Superglide so for me IT IS a sport bike, but the shocks suck and the ME880's aren't sticky enough. My back shock is worn out and will need replaced over the winter as well as new tires: HELP? I always used AVONS on the Harley, any suggestions. Shocks: Best advice? Lowest cost? $1500 is what most people tell me I will need to spend, seems a bit stiff for shocks. I'm a big guy (250 lbs) and load it up to camp, even after I arrive and unload I can't ride as aggressively as others, the shocks just don't hold the bike on the road!

I'VE GOT A NEED FOR SPEED

Gary99
    I think most guys go with Ohlin replacement shocks, and Bridgestone BT 020s for a stickier tire. You can check the LT BB for tons of info on tires, shocks, and everything else. Forget the url, but it is .net address, just search on it.

On the Road
    Thanks. I've been on quite a bit lately. Seems its a toss up between Ohlins and Wilbers. Tirewise several people seem to be using Avons on front, Bridgestones on back. Lots of comments about radial vs bias but not much beyond personal ancedotes. Can't expect much more than that but would like to know more about the differences. Seems weight rating has a lot to do with limiting the options. Any other advice would be welcome.