• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nicaragua-have you been there on a MC?

kantuckid

There's a Dutch guy living down there & running tours & MC rentals-if you have some travel experience there, fill me/us in. I have the general notion of the place but I've never been there.:lurk

I'm giving this a bump.

This February: I'm currently looking at a ride from home with a small, experienced group into Mexico & then I'll split & ride on south to GT & Nica,etc..
I'm also considering a fly & rent to Nicaragua for 2 weeks or so. It's safe,cheap,scenic & interesting & also cheap place for MC rent,lodging,food & air tics.
A ride buddy would definitely make for a more fun ride but I'll be gone either way.
FWIW, I'm an experienced,senior, solo rider and in Mexico too for many miles.
PM me if you have questions and/or interested.

There are two MC rental/tour agencies in Nica. & I've talked to them both-the one you mention above is the older, the other a newer start-up owned by a German guy & is located in Leon,Nica. He also has a Spanish school at his location & married to a Mexican girl. Managua,Nica is the 1st place's location. Nica is a cheap, safe, scenic,historical country to ride in with plenty to entertain anyone!

B&B in Managua

I just was in contact with Salcar, the guy who runs the NicaMoto link above. If you go to his webpage at this link: Nica Moto Adventures It shows that he offers free lodging to riders transiting CA. Looks like a very nice B&B. Otherwise it is $37 per person per night for a room, private bath, Wireless, and breakfast. Sounds like a sweet deal, other than the fact that it is in Managua.

jeff

As I speak I'm waiting for the assurance of a MC to rent from the owner, Jurgen in Leon. His willingness to lower a MC for me makes the difference for me (between the two agencies) & ending up with a good ride. Leon is a destination choice of most riders Nicaragua, so not a deal killer to bus there from the airport. Salcars "open door welcome" for those passing by on their own bike is a nice gesture.
The 200cc Yamaha's that both rent are stock seat 39.3 , a bit more than my 28.5 inseam. The 650's cost 3 times as much to rent and are even taller.

Back