• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'14 K1600GTL speedo

jacko

"Jack"
Anyone figure out how to have the digital speedo showing on the screen and listen to music at the same time? Have a feeling that it isn't possible since you use the same left console button to turn radio on/off or switch to the speedo screen.

Anyone figure out how to have the digital speedo showing on the screen and listen to music at the same time? Have a feeling that it isn't possible since you use the same left console button to turn radio on/off or switch to the speedo screen.

Not possible. it's either one or the other...

You can pair your helmet directly to your Ipod, phone, or what ever and leave the bike audio system off.

Not possible. it's either one or the other...

I figured that's the way it was designed. I seem to like the digital readout. For me, It is easier to read than the speed dial. Still have the dash insert on the nav v with speedo.

Not that this is directed to the digi part, but BMW has greatly improved the analog speedo (IMO) that is on the "Exclusive GTL" model. WAY CLEARER!

I put in my vote for BMW to fit all their new K16 bikes with this more easier to read speedo.... PLEASE!!!....

2014-BMW-K-1600-GTL-Exclusive-Speedometer.jpg

For a half blind old man I wish BMW would make a 100 mph read out speedo instead of 180+. Not many places have speed limit over 75mph so figure that the high readouts are for sale bragging rights.
On this bike, you are doing 40 and it feels like 25. Not so good in town with various lower speed limits. If the 270 degree arc of the speedo was broken down into say 100mph instead of 180 the angle of the needle would be easier to see. Needle pointing left would be around 35mph. Pointing up 70mph.
I guess that is why I like the digital readouts. Will probably use the U-clear Bluetooth paired to nav v for audio instructions and digital speedo read out on instrument panel. Have all winter the think about it.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Say... I loved the RT's but this GTL is great if it doesn't prove to heavy for this old man. Should pull the Leesure Lite trailer just nicely.

JW

For a half blind old man I wish BMW would make a 100 mph read out speedo instead of 180+. Not many places have speed limit over 75mph so figure that the high readouts are for sale bragging rights.
On this bike, you are doing 40 and it feels like 25. Not so good in town with various lower speed limits. If the 270 degree arc of the speedo was broken down into say 100mph instead of 180 the angle of the needle would be easier to see. Needle pointing left would be around 35mph. Pointing up 70mph.
I guess that is why I like the digital readouts. Will probably use the U-clear Bluetooth paired to nav v for audio instructions and digital speedo read out on instrument panel. Have all winter the think about it.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Say... I loved the RT's but this GTL is great if it doesn't prove to heavy for this old man. Should pull the Leesure Lite trailer just nicely.

JW
Same issue here
I used some thin white reflective tape and marked off on the outside of speedo the 50 and 70 mph points, good for a quick reference

Same issue here
I used some thin white reflective tape and marked off on the outside of speedo the 50 and 70 mph points, good for a quick reference

This is what I did also but with yellow RC modelers trim tape. Remembered that this is what we did to mark for stall speed/ rotation on trainers many years ago.

Back