• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New BMW Navigator V tips and tricks

Can't seem to locate on the site...

I have a R1200R - it came prewired with the Nav cradle, etc. No problems clicking it into the cradle and then locking it in with a turn of the ignition key(the cradle has an ignition key slot). While I was deciding on a unit to purchase - went on the BMW web site and down loaded the Nav V Operators Manual - 17 pages. It goes into much greater details than the "quick start" manual that comes with the unit. I'm not new to Garmin products (GPSmap 60CSx) but WOW - this new Nav V is over the top on features and abilities. Like most of the new high tech equipment - I'll probably only use 4-5 of the features, for now.

I'm trying to find the NAV V op manual on the BMW site but can't seem to locate it- any help would be appreciated- thanks!

It was simply a case of wiping down what appeared to be very clean connector pins. I blew at it, and wiped it down and it worked.:)
I know, who would have thunk it. When i mean the pins appeared clean, they were flawless really.

I've had exactly the same thing. It hasn't happened again since I've left it in the mount, but it'll have to come out for an update soon. I carry a little bottle of lock de-icer alcohol and a microfiber cloth in case it happens again.

Back