• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Factory Fog Light Bulb Replacement

froggy

What is involved in getting to and replacing the bulb next to the headlight on a 02 R1150RT ? I believe they are the fog/running lights.
Thanks in advance.

If it's the light I think you mean, then the side plastic has to come off.
Access is, IIRC, from underneath the light. Sort of a trap door thingie.

Froggy iam in the same boat, i have a new to me 02rt silver 1150cc. my left fog lite needs replacement bulb an havent a clue where to get replacement.

Froggy iam in the same boat, i have a new to me 02rt silver 1150cc. my left fog lite needs replacement bulb an havent a clue where to get replacement.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51765&rnd=04302013

most dealers now have this parts fiche on-line. it ain't rocket surgery.

55WH3. can get from BMW, or any other lighting source.

if someone doesn't know how to do basic replacement of lights and such, the first 2 questions i would be asking are- 1) "have you chekced your owner's manual?", and 2) "have you purchased and referred to a shop manual, which really means a Clymer's or Haynes'- the BMW manual is designed for someone who already knows the basic steps and procedures, it merely tells you what steps to follow, but not necessarily how to do them.

I take the horns off. Makes it easier access. The bulbs are in verticle tubes with rubber caps at the bottom.
You can get the bulbs at any auto parts store. Don't touch the glass when installing.

Thanks all. I will be taking plastic off this winter to do valve check and TB's. Was just hoping someone here new of a trick so I could replace now instead of waiting for winter lay up. I always ride with all my lights on-day or night.

Except for the grabby brakes at parking lot speeds I love my RT. Bought it 4 years ago after not riding for 10 years. Best bike I have owned for highway miles and curvy roads. Am not looking forward to spline lube though. I do not understand BMW using dry clutch and having to split the bike in half to check splines every 20 or so thous. miles. Oops, wrong thread for this...:doh

Back