Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trailers to pull behind motorcycle?

The old LT with home made camper.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RT with the Bushtec heading for 2013 Rally. Note the large suitcase in the trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by tgf429 View Post
    I'd be interested in any more details you care to share on the "home made camper". Been toying with the idea.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

I did not make the home made trailer myself. It was actually made in the 70s and was stored for about 25 years in the high mountains in Colorado. Nylon canvas, making it very advanced for it's time. Still looks good and in great shape. I store the canvas in a climate controlled area to prevent mildew. I wish I have the skills to re-create this and make it out of lighter materials. As you can see, it is longer than most camper trailers, but much narrower (almost the exact width as the LT). I think this is a great advantange over other factory made wide models - with this trailer, if the bike will make it through a space, I am pretty sure the trailer can ( yes I have tested this with a logging truck coming at me on a corner in Oregon single lane back road with my wife on the back).

Quote Originally Posted by tgf429 View Post
    How did this one pull with those small wheels? How much would you estimate that it weighs?

Thanks,
    jlc
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

No problem with the wheels size, and pulls great up to 80mph. 350 lbs empty. With wife and the fixins probablly had it close to 500 lbs. Now the Bushtec, its very light and I have put it up to 100 MPH +