• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ajustment for high idle lever

Is ther an ajustment for the high idle lever on a r1150rt. When i start mine cold the idle is low.after it warms up it is fine

thanks, john

Normally just adjusting the free play of the cable at the lever will fix this problem. If not then you also have to adjust the free play at the throttle bodies and re synch them after doing so.
Here's the easy part from the factory manual:

pic1.jpg

Have you checked the cables? Ever replaced them? Had a similar problem on my '04 1150 GSA and replaced the cable. Works fine now. The replacement isn't that difficult to do but you should definitely read a manual first to identify the cable routing. While you're in there check the Bowden box for the clutch, throttle and throttle body cables. You might be surprised at what you find in terms of cable wear.

Back