• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Arai CT-Z

Has anyone had any experiences with this helmet. To me the visor looks like it would give lift and you would fight that all the time. I would be thankful for any feedback. RIDE SAFE THANKS Steve from Iowa:scratch

I ride with an XD4 with the same visor. No lift at all when you are looking ahead as you normally would. If you tilt your head to the rear you will naturally have some lift. I love the visor keeping the sun out of my eyes.

I also have an XD-4. I am tall and the top of my head is in the slip-stream. I like the hat bill concept but it does cause me some head instability at high speeds. The XD came with the shield end caps to use when the bill is off. It generally stays off. I will put it on if going off road or if I know I will generally be staying below 55.

Kind of a mix of styles with the CT-Z and not really the same as the XD-4...other than the visor. The two cheek extensions make it close to a full face...but it isn't.

arai_ctz_helmet_detail.jpg

CT-Z

arai_xd4_explore_helmet_orange_zoom.jpg

XD-4

I've been looking for a MX style summer helmet with large opening for Hooligann-ing on the GSA. Tried a buds XD...the visor didn't bother me, kinda liked it at the end of day.The way the visor has the air channels helps with the lift-off issue ,however, I am not a wind tunnel data fellow and just say It helps from old day visors that either flew away or made you knod at everyone.

On my GS I don't notice any extra lift with the XD visor unless turning my head at speeds above 80-85 MPH. Even then the lift is not objectionable, just quite noticeable. Not sure it that experience is directly equatable to the CT-Z. :dunno

Back