Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Protecting Bridge/Arch on step-through?

I guess not a fair comparison to compare it to a K1200GT, LOL. I don't know, it just seems like it could use a bit more passing power. I'm not calling it gutless, for a 650 it does pretty well. But lets say there were 2 identical bike other than one was a C650GT and one was a C750GT, which would you want. See what I mean? Yeah i had thought of one of the 2 throttle locks mentioned, they would be a possiblity later on, this year I just tried to adapt to not having a cruise. Before the K1200 came along (K75S), I did have the friction screw, which worked better than nothing. Always had to at least try to remember to release that whenever anyone else rode it (which wasn't often), anyone riding it would warn me of how sticky the throttle was.
    I'd like to figure out something better for the mirrors but am struggling with it, I will probably just get used to it, The K75 was good and the K1200GT had just a great set of mirrors on it way out front and way out in the wind, smooth and NO problem seeing behind.
    Problem in trying to fabricate something is if you want to move the base to the outside, the body side panel is right there, so I'd need to go up and over the panelling. My older brother was a pretty skilled fabricator, I might have him ponder over it awhile. Oh plus the turn signal wiring needs to make it in to the base somehow too.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Jeff Wilson life member Justscootin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GILLY View Post
    I'd like to figure out something better for the mirrors but am struggling with it, I will probably just get used to it, The K75 was good and the K1200GT had just a great set of mirrors on it way out front and way out in the wind, smooth and NO problem seeing behind.

The following is a mirror you may be interested in
    Www.doubletakemirror.com
    You would just need to fit another RAM mount on your bars
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

Nope, no good on that. I want ONE pair of mirrors, I'm not going to have mirrors all over it like a school bus or a Kenworth, and I couldn't see replacing the stock mirrors with these as the stock ones on a GT have the turn signals in them. I'll either adapt, sell, or figure out some way to get the mirrors moved out further that doesn't look like Krap. It's stored away now or else i would be studying it and getting ideas. From a pic i saw on eBay (selling a stock mirror) it looks like there is some disassembly possible at the base (looks like a nut holding it together with a compressed spring under the nut). No idea how this might aid things, would just take a little Yankee ingenuity. Still worried about how the wires could be routed, I can see how i could easily modify the mirror, but not the electrical. Would definitely do a DIY if I figured it out.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

I have heard about some tranny kits that are being produced that are supposed to give you a little more jump but have had no first hand experience there.

Yeah, I've heard of those too, if the bike I have now hangs around I might think of doing that, IIRC it's weights or springs or something like that which a modification to the CVT.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

So far I like the bike.
    It rallies. No problem.
    I've had it in the brush, honest. Take a look at the under panels. (This is one thing I do not like, much less clearance but its a different bike than say my RT)
    I will leave it alone (except for Throttlemeister) until it leaves warranty, then I screw around. The standard routine at least for me.

After one season my only real beefs are the mirrors and no cruise, and the cruise is only because the 1200GT spoiled me. Hard to get this much storage space in this small of a package, way better than saddle bags.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Agreed. Can get most of my gear in there. Add a Helen's bag and I'm good to go.
    Guaranteed better balance via bags as it's all underneath you.

Not too hijack again but has anyone used a charger via the accessory plug?
    Maybe I should locate a BMW female to cigarette male adapter and give it a go. (accessory plug that is inside left glove)

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Not too hijack again but has anyone used a charger via the accessory plug? Maybe I should locate a BMW female to cigarette male adapter and give it a go. (accessory plug that is inside left glove)
    I have used the accessory plug to charge my iPhone on many occasions. No problems to report.

Thumbs up

Accessory plug inside left compartment, works well for charging phone,MP3's etc, not so well for hi draw items( heated clothing)
    Installed a fused BMW/DIN female plug above right glove box, connected to the battery, this is used for battery maintainer, heated vest and tire pump if needed.

Yeah guys this I know, however what I'm talking about is the other way around.
    Charging the bike's battery with the BMW charger via the accessory port like I do the RT and F.

Spoke with Countryside, it's doable so they say however BMW in their wisdom decided to go standard cigarette port where on every other bike they make it's European. Go figure.
    Anyway service manager (Peter) is making (make that made it is on its way) it happen for me and for their other C customers.
    Great dealer experience continues.

I'm assuming if you aren't charging via the port that you're using pigtails maybe? Would appreciate hearing what you do.
    That battery is buried.

Adapter should be here soon I'll update.

Removing right side wing exposes battery, used a unibit to drill above storage compartment the hole for BMW plug. Start to finish took about 30 min.
    FYI long beach BMW installes a pigtail on each scooter sold, exits bike just behind front wheel, not the most convent place to attach charger. Their have been issues with other models using factory plug, causing dead batteries because of canbus/linbus issues

Hey thanks.
    Using their charger if issues arise I am less liable. Maybe?

You are bolder than I. I am still balking at sticky mount(s) for the GoPro.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Hey thanks.
    Using their charger if issues arise I am less liable. Maybe?

You are bolder than I. I am still balking at sticky mount(s) for the GoPro.
    Easy to be bold, it's my wife's scooter!
    So far installed P3 lights, photon blasters, GPS with sat radio, RK sliders and the above plug
    Still trying to decide on protective film on center tunnel

Hey take some pics, I'd like to see what you've done.
    Cool.