• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Protecting Bridge/Arch on step-through?

So far I like the bike.
It rallies. No problem.
I've had it in the brush, honest. Take a look at the under panels. (This is one thing I do not like, much less clearance but its a different bike than say my RT)
I will leave it alone (except for Throttlemeister) until it leaves warranty, then I screw around. The standard routine at least for me.

After one season my only real beefs are the mirrors and no cruise, and the cruise is only because the 1200GT spoiled me. Hard to get this much storage space in this small of a package, way better than saddle bags.

Agreed. Can get most of my gear in there. Add a Helen's bag and I'm good to go.
Guaranteed better balance via bags as it's all underneath you.

Not too hijack again but has anyone used a charger via the accessory plug?
Maybe I should locate a BMW female to cigarette male adapter and give it a go. (accessory plug that is inside left glove)

Not too hijack again but has anyone used a charger via the accessory plug? Maybe I should locate a BMW female to cigarette male adapter and give it a go. (accessory plug that is inside left glove)

I have used the accessory plug to charge my iPhone on many occasions. No problems to report.

Accessory plug inside left compartment, works well for charging phone,MP3's etc, not so well for hi draw items( heated clothing)
Installed a fused BMW/DIN female plug above right glove box, connected to the battery, this is used for battery maintainer, heated vest and tire pump if needed.

Yeah guys this I know, however what I'm talking about is the other way around.
Charging the bike's battery with the BMW charger via the accessory port like I do the RT and F.

Spoke with Countryside, it's doable so they say however BMW in their wisdom decided to go standard cigarette port where on every other bike they make it's European. Go figure.
Anyway service manager (Peter) is making (make that made it is on its way) it happen for me and for their other C customers.
Great dealer experience continues.

I'm assuming if you aren't charging via the port that you're using pigtails maybe? Would appreciate hearing what you do.
That battery is buried.

Adapter should be here soon I'll update.

Removing right side wing exposes battery, used a unibit to drill above storage compartment the hole for BMW plug. Start to finish took about 30 min.
FYI long beach BMW installes a pigtail on each scooter sold, exits bike just behind front wheel, not the most convent place to attach charger. Their have been issues with other models using factory plug, causing dead batteries because of canbus/linbus issues

Hey thanks.
Using their charger if issues arise I am less liable. Maybe?

You are bolder than I. I am still balking at sticky mount(s) for the GoPro.

Hey thanks.
Using their charger if issues arise I am less liable. Maybe?

You are bolder than I. I am still balking at sticky mount(s) for the GoPro.

Easy to be bold, it's my wife's scooter!
So far installed P3 lights, photon blasters, GPS with sat radio, RK sliders and the above plug
Still trying to decide on protective film on center tunnel

Mischlers added a pigtail to it as well, I've never used it. I would just use my charger direct to the battery if it needs a charge.
I want to get some more light as well, just more fill light and a bit farther down the road, something that wouldn't irritate other drivers (so i could just leave them on at night and not shut them off when other vehicles approach)

Powerlet adapter for accessory plug

powerlet_adapter-M.jpg

Now we're talkin' with the canbus.
Charger on.
Powerlet part #AAC-001

This is about the limit of my technical expertise. :ha

Back