• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who Rebuilds R12RT tankbag

Grampa Tumbleweed
I think I recall someone had their BMW tankbag rebuilt, saving the snap-on base. My bike is a 2010 RT and I need this service. Can someone point me to the right vendor?

I don't recall any info on rebuilding the BMW tank bag. I'm curious what has failed on yours. There have been some folks looking for the base plate so they could attach a non-BMW bag to it and you might consider that option for yourself.

I got the BMW bag when I bought my 2011 RT 'cause I really like the easy on-and-off it provides for gas fillups, and it's held up well so far.

pete

I would suggest that you call your nearest outdoor gear outfitter, and find out who they refer customers to, for outdoor gear repairs and modifications. Tell them you want someone who does fussy work.

I have had a bunch of stuff modified, most recently, an Axio tail pack, by a local shoe repair guy, who does excellent work.

I put a Touratech flat tank bag on my RT tank bag base.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 100
Back