Thread: Will my Zumo 665 fit in the dash of the GTL.

Will my Zumo 665 fit in the dash of the GTL.

I'm considering trading for a K1600GTL. Will my Garmin Zumo 665 fit in the dash?

No longer a member here
    I don't know if it will fit, but I dare to say it will not. If it would, BMW would Not be able to ask that ungodly amount of money for the Navigator IV.

Isn't a Nav IV basically a Zumo 660 with BMW-specific software? And a 665 is a 660 with XM? If so, a 665 should fit physically and would power up with the bike. I doubt any of the cool integration features would work though (zoom with the wonderwheel, interrupt bike radio to speak directions, etc.). The new Nav V has a larger screen so the dash cutout on the later models will be bigger than necessary, in case that bothers you. Panels for the old one are available though (get one for a 2012). I expect to have a used one available soon!

99% sure it fits just fine. I seem to remember a number of guys doing it. Do a search on k1600forum.com

My Zumo 660 works just fine in the GTL cradle. However, you can't access it using the control wheel and it will not update the bike's clock. I believe the 665 is a 660 with some additional capabilities, but both can use the same cradle.
    Dan

No longer a member here
    "Fitting in the cradle" does not include connecting to the bike, does it? Do other Garmins have the same connector in the same location as the Navi IV?

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    "Fitting in the cradle" does not include connecting to the bike, does it?
    Power only. No advanced functions, as noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    Do other Garmins have the same connector in the same location as the Navi IV?
    Zumo 660 and 665, yes. Others, no.