Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Regional Road Food!

Thanks Reece. Looks like any of us could get some momma-slappin' goodness from this place: http://slapyamama.com/
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Mexican (new Mexican) joint in Las Vegas New Mexico right as you get into town... Great food and service. Worth stopping every time I pass through.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We took our first big run on new '17 GSA's in April and May this year. My wife and I started in Oregon, but went through New Mexico and southern Colorado where we discovered the many versions of Green Chili. From a sauce to a soup by adding Pork, every little cafe in the small towns we stopped in had a different spin on this regional staple - and each version was good to great in its own way. When we would tell the owner how great their recipe was, there was always a long friendly conversation to follow. People are really nice in this part of the world.

God take care of you folks in New Mexico and Colorado this summer and fall. You've got awfully dry conditions and the fire season based on our trip experiences looks to be epic! I wish you frequent rains and light winds.
    Retired with a Wife that Rides, Life is Good!

Chess Club on the south side of Blanco Texas is a place we keep going back to for breakfast.

P1020330.jpg

Chess Club.jpg

P1020331.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT