Thread: Regional Road Food!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Regional Road Food!

Tell us about the food you've found or stumbled on while on the road. Let us know what places and food you go out of your way to get back to. Some of you take pictures, too...that would be nice to see as well. Sometimes it's about the journey, sometimes it's about the destination. Heck, sometimes it's about the food!

Be sure to include the city and state in the post title...that makes it easy to spot something interesting, nearby, or on the way.

Here's a map that has been compiled over on Facebook showing places that others thought were worth the stop:

http://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/MOA%20good%20eats
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Kip's Grill & Cantina Pagosa Springs, CO

Great cantina with fresh Mexican food! You'll find fish tacos, pork barbacoa, a good selection of cold beer and the regular items you'd expect. Nice hats and t-shirts, too! Casual dining, live music on occasion. Nice outdoor patio and prices are easy on the wallet.
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

Marine By Choice #188306

Smile Testicle Festival in Montana

http://testyfesty.com/

This is the ORIGINAL Testicle Festival, although there are several others in Montana and other states.

Plan your travels to coincide with one of these. You will have a ball!

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 KenDittrick's Avatar

Beef Jerky!

You just have to stop in Longview AB on the Cowboy Highway for some this delicious local chew. Comes in handy on Iron Butt rides cut in small pieces in the 'Treat Bag'.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Fried Pies

Next time you're in northeast Texas, give the Farm House Fried Pies a try. Many flavor choices and the people are friendly. Bakery is located in the back of Mineola Mercantile at the corner of Highway 80 and 69 in Mineola, TX.

Amica's Pizza and MicroBrew in Salida CO

Found this one in Salida, CO a few weeks ago. Located in the heart of downtown Salida... you have to get off the beaten path to find it.

http://www.amicassalida.com/
    For a NY/NJ/New Haven County boy to find pizza of this quality out here... wow, just amazing!

I can attest personally that their Nigel's Rather Large (English) Ale is a true delight. If i lived closer, it could easily become my regular favorite. I have been told that their Loyal Duke Scotch Ale is also fine stuff.

oh yeah.. the riding's none too shabby down that way, either.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Mexican (new Mexican) joint in Las Vegas New Mexico right as you get into town... Great food and service. Worth stopping every time I pass through.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We took our first big run on new '17 GSA's in April and May this year. My wife and I started in Oregon, but went through New Mexico and southern Colorado where we discovered the many versions of Green Chili. From a sauce to a soup by adding Pork, every little cafe in the small towns we stopped in had a different spin on this regional staple - and each version was good to great in its own way. When we would tell the owner how great their recipe was, there was always a long friendly conversation to follow. People are really nice in this part of the world.

God take care of you folks in New Mexico and Colorado this summer and fall. You've got awfully dry conditions and the fire season based on our trip experiences looks to be epic! I wish you frequent rains and light winds.
    Retired with a Wife that Rides, Life is Good!

Chess Club on the south side of Blanco Texas is a place we keep going back to for breakfast.

P1020330.jpg

Chess Club.jpg

P1020331.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT