• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Regional Road Food!

Liaison
Staff member
Tell us about the food you've found or stumbled on while on the road. Let us know what places and food you go out of your way to get back to. Some of you take pictures, too...that would be nice to see as well. Sometimes it's about the journey, sometimes it's about the destination. Heck, sometimes it's about the food! :eat :yum

Be sure to include the city and state in the post title...that makes it easy to spot something interesting, nearby, or on the way. :thumb

Here's a map that has been compiled over on Facebook showing places that others thought were worth the stop:

http://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/MOA good eats

Picture courtesy of Visian

IMG_0105.jpg

One of the stops on the Ride-2-Q a few years ago.

Windy Hill BBQ somewhere in NC or TN????? I didn't have a clue where I was as I was led astray by a bunch of crazy riders who left this flatlander in the dust!

Great trip I remember with fondness.

Ride report HERE

Personal Favorite! is: Cheddar's, exit 41, I-75,KY & two in Lexington,KY, one in WV near WV U,new one in Columbia,MO on I-70, maybe more-great food(try chicken tenders,club wraps & more @ very reasonable prices!

Sonny's BBQ chain runs from FL(the home) up through KY-real BBQ and lots of choices for good sauces,etc.

Bandana's BBQ in Columbia,MO & other locations too.

El Rodeo' in Mt Sterling,KY-good tex-mex local place.

El Torro & Jalapen'o's are my fave Tex-Mex's in Lexington,KY

Melini's Italian Cucina in Mt Sterling (best one) & Morehead,KY for reasonable food-great pizza,calzones & more!

P.S. just in from land of overpriced & over rated food in Europe-First home meal back-we had soup beans, jalapeno corn bread, collard greens, home grown corn(neighbor did a late sweet corn crop) & fried potatoes- best meal in a lonnnnnnng time!:bow:heart:) those people like goose liver, yuk...

Crystal River, FL. At the mall?!?!?

Yes, hidden within a dying mall in Crystal River is Seafood Seller and Cafe. Jimmy is the owner of the cafe and two boats that bring his fish fresh. I took 6 friends down from North Georgia for dinner. Yes, I think the shrimp are that good. No complaints from anyone, and one of them was a commercial fisherman for 18 years.

I would second Greg's mention of the BBQ Exchange. I've been going there since it opened and never had a bad meal. Their 'cue is very good -- I prefer the pulled pork -- and the sides are excellent.

On the BBQ front, I can also recommend Allman's BBQ, right down the road from Morton's BMW, where I work. I've been going there literally since the day I bought my first BMW thirty years ago. It's an institution in Fredericksburg, VA, and you'll see everyone from elected officials to biker scum there :) A couple of pix:

There are your counter customers...
allmans_counter_800.jpg

And a nice meal...
allmans_meal_800.jpg

And then for dessert, head over to Carl's for some frozen custard...
carls_small.jpg

Bbq

Whenever riding in the SC/NC/GA/TN areas I constantly am looking for great BBQ! Here`s the places I`ve found so far...

Hubba Hubba Smokehouse > Flat Rock, NC
Moes Original BBQ > Hendersonville & Asheville, NC
Calhoun`s > Maryville & Oak Ridge, TN
Jim`s Smokin Que > Blairsville, GA

Any other places in these 4 state mountain areas you guys would suggest!

Thanks
Chris

A good place for fish that henzilla told us about is Gaston's Restaurant.
http://www.gastons.com/
Gaston's Resort is downstream of Bull Shoals Dam on the White River.
Closest town is Lakeview.

Gaston's (2).jpg

Gaston's (1).jpg

Gaston's (3).jpg

Gaston's 5.jpg

Gaston's 6.jpg

P1040376.jpg

S.C. BBQ Trail Map

For those of you living in South Carolina for destinations to eat..... For a couple years now I have Name Fridays "BBQ Fridays", basicly close my eyes and pick a BBQ joint and hop on the RT and ride to it.

Hopefully this site will let me post a PDF file.... Nope

Here's a link to web site where you can DL the file

https://destination-bbq.com/sc-bbq-trail-map/

took a couple screen shots on my phone

Attachments

• IMG-8339.jpg
    IMG-8339.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-8340.PNG
    IMG-8340.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 72
Back