• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Considering another AirHead

I understand, I am going through the same decision process. I have been fighting health issues too, but do not want to stop all riding. Today I looked at a XT 250 Yamaha that I may get if the R1200 goes away this spring. Big enough to still allow me to ride a bit, but too small to allow me to ride far. Maybe something similar may work for you. It will feel awful lonely to go in the garage and not see a bike sitting there, something that has not happened in almost 48 years.

Wayne

My garage has soooo much space in it now that all the bikes are gone, but it sure is lonely out there.
This morning my tool box asked me if he was next to go :nono

I plan to keep just enough gear that if things improve dramatically I can get something small and then ride a little.
I said that when i bought the Burgman , but the riding position was awful hard on my back.

Ever the optimist , I still hold out that I can pass a physical ( someday) and get my racing license back , then do some AHRMA stuff :brow

I do not want to hijack this thread, but I suffer from the dreaded ?The Grass is Greener? syndrome. It causes me to do dumb things such as sell and buy bikes, only to realize later that I made a mistake. Bad thing, it is about to bite me again. I am thinking of selling my R1200R to get something lighter, easier to handle. :scratch

My list so far over the past 48 years that I have been riding.
64 Ducati 250 MKIV Scrambler (new)
67 Honda 305 Scrambler (new)
73 Yamaha TX 650 (new)
74 BMW R90S (used)
75 Moto Guzzi 850T (new)
78 Honda 750F (new)
78 BMW R100RS Motorsport (used)
79 Triumph 750 Bonneville (new)
86 R80RT BMW (new)
87 BMW K100LT (new)
89 BMW R100RS (used)
95 BMW R100RT (used)