• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best New RT photos yet..

The styling is way too busy. I wish Motorrad would just farm out all their styling work to Italdesign.

But lots of people will like the dragon look, and buy a ton of them.

I think it's far better looking than I was expecting. Looking forward to seeing it in person. I expect they'll have it on display at the NY MC show in December.

The styling is way too busy. I wish Motorrad would just farm out all their styling work to Italdesign.

But lots of people will like the dragon look, and buy a ton of them.

+1 on Italdesign...a long time leader in styling! :whistle

I'm a little surprised there are no comments on the lack of lower fairing - therefore less weather protection for the lower legs.

I'm sure it will work, but my '07 is also safe for a while - but my reason is that I suspect where the price tag of this is going to be.

I'm a little surprised there are no comments on the lack of lower fairing - therefore less weather protection for the lower legs.

I'm sure it will work, but my '07 is also safe for a while - but my reason is that I suspect where the price tag of this is going to be.

Good observation. You can see alot more of this motor. Which makes it a "motorcycle" to me. No more "spats" alongside the footpegs.

I think the protection of the lowers will be just as good as the current RT model.

That was my first thought, but there is a sort of lower fairing surrounding the cylinders, and the radiator shrouds extend pretty far out and down(I predict an accessory to divert heat to the rider). The press kit has one nearly head-on shot (P90137628-highRes.jpg) - very little of the riders leg is visible and that is probably inside the windstream.

By the time you add a couple options it will likely be in K1600 territory. I'll give it a couple years to see what breaks before I buy. I wonder if they have figured out the Bluetooth yet?

The Bluetooth on my '11 RT works fine.

Glad to hear it. I seem to read quite a few complaints from about the BMW sound quality and pairing issues using Bluetooth with non-BMW headsets, though the sound is good to excellent from a phone or MP3 player. Hopefully this has finally been resolved.

Back