• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Max BMW

Don't hold me to this, but, I think it was supposed to be open by the end of March. If not already. Someone will probably know better than me.

Coincidentally, MAX put up a post on Facebook about 8 hours ago indicating the South Windsor store would be opening "soon". No specific date mentioned.

Max BMW South Windsor, CT

:thumbSouth Windsor opened on Friday, I stopped in on Saturday afternoon showroom looks great. Spoke with Max and they are starting the mechanics this week and continually adding parts and inventory, both new and used. Quite a few sold tags on bikes inside. A nice R1200GSW outside on display. Wish Max the best of luck, this is gong to be a home run!:clap

That's correct. Max has announced the opening of his new store in South Windsor. Hoping to hear some confirmation news on where they'll be opening the New Jersey store. The Mahwah/Ramsey area would be a great middle ground between their Brookfield store and Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ.

I just drove by it and realized that the old Bergen Honda property of RT46 in Lodi is available. 13,000sq ft and a large parking lot. Probably two miles or less from the old BMW location (Bergen County H-D).

I know that location. I doubt they'll choose that spot as it would be impossible to have test rides there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I know that location. I doubt they'll choose that spot as it would be impossible to have test rides there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Why impossible? I've taken test rides from dealerships on IMO, very dangerous spots.
The one negative, is I think, is they can't be open on Sundays in Bergen County.

Max isn't open on Sunday's. It's too congested an area to accommodate a decent test ride.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Motorcycle Mall

I stopped by Motorcycle Mall last week and they insist they are getting the BMW franchise. FWIW.

I loathe doing business with them so I hope it's all malarkey.

Max isn't open on Sunday's. It's too congested an area to accommodate a decent test ride.

Baloney. The previous dealer did alright for 50 or more years there. Just don't go during any rush hours and you can open it up all you want on RT80, even 60 MPH or more on RT46.... Don't blame me if you get a performance award though....

Hate to break it to ya, most BMW riders aren't interested in going Fast in a straight line.

So lemme get this straight. Your sole decision for purchasing your BMW was based on a straight line, high speed, test?

No Max in Bergen

I just drove by it and realized that the old Bergen Honda property of RT46 in Lodi is available. 13,000sq ft and a large parking lot. Probably two miles or less from the old BMW location (Bergen County H-D).

I read on another BMW forum that Max BMW will NOT be opening in Bergen County and that some other unnamed person will be taking over the the territory. Anyone else hear anything about this?

That would be sad. I've had a good experience with Max so far and would love to shorten the trip to do business with him.

That would indeed, be a letdown with all the good feedback I'm hearing from Max's customers. But anything would be an improvement from how we were treated by that H-D stealership.

So lemme get this straight. Your sole decision for purchasing your BMW was based on a straight line, high speed, test?

Aren't you the one who complained that the Lodi area was too congested to do a test ride? Now you're complaining about using a high speed test to buy a bike? Those two posts seem a contradiction. Or maybe you just like to argue whatever gets posted?

Typical. You didn't even take the time to comprehend what was said. I'll be clear. Lodi is, in no uncertain terms an awful place for a BMW motorcycle dealership as it's probably the worst, with a possible exception for Manhattan, place to test ride a motorcycle. That being said, if you're the type that takes a bike out for a test ride, rides it as fast as you can in a straight line and comes back deciding that's the bike for you. I would submit you're not the average BMW rider. And yes, that's based on my experience with the many BMW motorcyclists I've had the pleasure of spending time with over the years.

Back