• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

EML Sidecar parts and such

SGTBILL

The Big Red One
Hello all: I have a K100RS with and EML GT2 sidecar. I need help finding a source for a couple of obscure parts. The sidecar rig is mounted to a frame and there are rubber isolators both fore and aft between the sidecar (fiberglass) and the frame (tubular steel). These are rubber grommets without threading in the center. My rig has lost two of the rubber grommets (or perhaps bushings) this summer and I am looking for a source for them. I have seen the article on EML sidecar vibration here: http://home.jtan.com/~joe/vibes.htm

When I google the parts listed in the above article, I find only factory availability and nothing for buying only 5 or 10 copies. Anyone know where I can source the rubber isolators. As long as I'll have the rig undone I would like to replace ann 5. I even have a friend with the same sidecar outfit and I'm sure he will need them as well.

Any thoughts?

Bill, if you are talking about the dampeners for the body, mine has some retrofitted/added from a Ural.

I'd be very interested in hearing an answer as to where to get parts also.
(such as brake pads)

Ken

For sidecar wheel brake pads I took one of the old ones to the local Honda/Suzuki/ Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer and they managed to match it. One of the aftermarket parts catalogs had full size drawings of the pads. I think is was Ducati rear pads.

I'm now running 2 Suzuki GSXR rear calipers on the sidecar, one hooked to the front brake, one to the back.

I've had rotten luck finding EML parts since BMW in ST Louis quit as the EML importer. Pretty much everything on my rig has been upgraded/modified.

Mike

Using the same method as Ken I found EBC FA-47 brake pads fit my 1989 GT2 sidecar brake. EML used several brakes but mine used a Brembo that was a mini of the brakes on my 85 K100. Harold in Kansas

Back