• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Transport Canada and BMW recall K1600GT and K1600GTL models

mika

Still Wondering
Tansport Canada and BMW issued a recall on the K1600GT, and K1600GTL models
On certain motorcycles, a problem with the engine throttle valve control software could cause engine stalling. Engine stalling would result in a loss of motive power, which, in conjunction with traffic and road...

On certain motorcycles, a problem with the engine throttle valve control software could cause engine stalling. Engine stalling would result in a loss of motive power, which, in conjunction with traffic and road...
My GTL is in the shop now waiting for the US release of the recall/software update. I'm told it'll be sometime this month. I won't ride it until it's fixed, it died on me 3 times in 20 minutes. Rebooted the bike (key off/key on) and it started right up each time. Good thing it never happened in an intersection.

same problem

Thanks for the heads up on this problem as I've been experiencing the same thing. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong but rebutted the computer. Just got the new bike last Tuesday and finally got it back yesterday. Called the service manager and told him about this and asked him to contact NA and inform me when the software is available to update my bike.

Information

Thanks for your post since I am going to import my 2013 K1600GTL to home in NL. Thankfully, the 2013 is not effected by this. The link was helpful!

up date

My GTL is a 2014 so recall software doesn't apply so I'm told. Put another tank of gas through it this weekend with increasing same results. Back to dealer today and left till positive fix is found. Hope it doesn't take months like some of the horror stories that have been posted.

Back