• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Roads in Tuscany...

tbonesr1100

...are THE BEST I've ever ridden. Although I constantly wished I were riding my R11s, THe KTM SuperMoto bike that was included in the tour was awesome. For those of you who like sweepers and frequent hairpins - one stretch had 5 hair pins in one KM - I strongly suggest you take a trip! The asphalt is in great shape, barely any Car traffic and plenty of KM's worth of road to fill days! I even saw a few guys on GS's stuffing them into these corners...Had to tell someone...My wife is sick of hearing about what an awesome time I had...

pictures?

more details on which towns and roads you saw?

lodging review?

tour review?

we want more! :clap

since you asked...

...The name of the company that I booked the ride with is Tuscan Mototours - www.tuscanmototours.com. We started out in Fivizzano, a quaint little village in northern Tuscany and pretty much central to some excellent destinations - Pisa, Parma, Bologna. Since I was near the end of my vacation and had only a day to ride, that's all I wanted to do...327 Km (about 200 miles) later, all on roads like the one further below, I couldn't erase the smile from my face. For those who want a relaxed, laid back motorcycle tour of this beautiful region, THIS AINT IT...If you want to shred some seriously twisty, but pristine mountain roads on torquey dirt bikes with sportbike tires, THIS IS IT! BTW, I saw other sportbikes scraping pegs and bodywork with some regularity...The KTM bikes we rode had great suspension - especially the front - and really inspired a ton of confidence when you dive in to the down hill, off camber hairpin...Dave at Tuscan Mototours can hook you up with lodging - Agritourismo as they call it - basically extremely comfortable accomodations at converted and working farms or vinyards where meals are prepared on site. If I were to take an entire vacation specifically for riding, that would be the ticket!

I was over in this region yesterday.....actually one mountain over near Bobbio and Passo Penice. I haven't really spent any time in the region, but the roads were quite fun, and the bumpy roads were virtually empty because the sportbikes stay away from them! The road was Bobbio to Passo Penice is pretty cool.....4000-feet of climbing from the valley floor to the mountain.

thanks for the info tbones.

look at us getting all international! we're the BMW motorcycle owners of Anywhere!

Back