• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to do with old BMW MOA Magazines....

AUSSIE_BMW_PAUL

Hi Team I'm in Adelaide Australia and have been a member for a long time. I'm just wondering what people have done with old BMW MOA Magazines? Have you stored them, given them away, popped them out to be recycled. Just curious. Cheers

Hi Team I'm in Adelaide Australia and have been a member for a long time. I'm just wondering what people have done with old BMW MOA Magazines? Have you stored them, given them away, popped them out to be recycled. Just curious. Cheers

We still have most of them back to the '70s.

Folks should cut out my Benchwrenching columns, Matt Parkhouse's Keep them Flying columns, and pre 1990 or so Oak Okleshen's Airhead tech columns and put them in a three ring binder. That would save Oak a bunch of mail and Matt and I a lot of email and phone calls. :) :) :)

Give them away, leave them in the hallway of my aunt 's retirement home (the old guys love them) or just toss them.

Mine take u the top row of my book case.
Still looking for the first 6 issues, they were just a few pages stapled together.

Attachments

• Picture 580.jpg
    Picture 580.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 135
A rather large stack (I do not want to say pile) on my office floor.
Somehow I cannot bring myself to give them away or toss them out.
Lots of information there.

Does anyone know? Are all those old articles archived somewhere, and indexed so that they could be downloaded off the internet for us? I was a member for a few years back in the late '80's and early 90's, and read every article I could - especially those about the /2's and mid-70's airheads. I especially liked the technical articles. One I remember had a great affect on my family situation (too long to explain). It was done by someone at a technical organization called "ChiTech" as I recall. It was about the geometry of a motorcycle and how geometry affected tracking and turning.

Great article and instruction in physics. I used information from that article to teach my son how to ride a bicycle - worked in 5 minutes, and I also used that information in my geometry classes to people who didn't believe that you turn "right" to make a left turn and vice-versa.

All a matter of physics.

I would love to go back through those articles and read them online if available and find-able.

I had 5 years worth, I tied together each year with twine and left them at the local BMW shop, they were all taken by customers within one day.

Does anyone know? Are all those old articles archived somewhere, and indexed so that they could be downloaded off the internet for us?
I would love to go back through those articles and read them online if available and find-able.

A while back that was the plan, then someone objected to having their article reprinted and the plan faded away.

There was a master list that you could find a specific article by year & month but I'm not sure that's available either.
Then you would have to find someone like me to scan it for you.

Just sayin!

I have tried donating them to new recruits, old recruits, neighbors, relatives, friends, vague acquaintances, and the doctors office. All refused.
The doctors office directed me to the front door (as in 'out please').
The dentist's office directed me to the back door, and the trash bin behind the building.
I finally found Western Paper Products Recyclers down here in Wilmington. They actually PAY for them. $40 per ton.
dc

A while back that was the plan, then someone objected to having their article reprinted and the plan faded away.

There was a master list that you could find a specific article by year & month but I'm not sure that's available either.
Then you would have to find someone like me to scan it for you.

Just sayin!

Shame. I am sure that some of those articles are still valid. Perhaps another project to get someone to do?

I've been wondering what to do with mine; Most of the issues of the past 9 years, except when my membership would lapse. Most unread. That last 3 years not even unwrapped.

Free picked up in St Louis to anyone who wants 'em!

With the advent of the internet search function I have found no reason to keep all the magazines I collected for each of my respective hobbies. I read what ever magazine I get, then recycle it long before the next issue comes out.

Back