• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rip The Speed Channel or that's how it looks. :banghead

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Well I guess someone had to do it so here I go......With Fox sucking up the Speed Channel it looks like organized athletic sports :sick is the major content of what was a premium channel worth paying a little extra for. The wheeled action has been sorta diminishing the last couple of years at the SC and it seems like that the outdoor motorsports that used to be 4 or 5 shows on the Outdoor channel are headed that way also. :banghead
Jeeeze, a couple of car manufacturers eliminate dipsticks and it's over? Spike still has some programming but it is so out of whack, well, I guess it only did take 11 minutes to put a full lift kit in. :brow
YMMY- hopefully :burnout
OM

Last edited:
Granted it has been noticed. I have been tuning into velocity more frequently for my motorhead fixes The problem is that there seems to be too much soap boxing and shilling from the sponsors instead of substantial content.

Interesting you mention Velocity, one of the ATV shows I like to watch is moving to Velocity, from the Outdoor channel, in January. I've done some looking and have yet to find it here on Comcast.
OM

Fox Sports1 and Fox Sports 2 combine to have most of the actual racing content from SPEED. I don't miss the monster trucks or the 2 guys garage swill.

MAV TV is new with some racing, too, but it appears the more limited interest stuff like power boats and off road, although they do have World Rally. Of course even before SPEED disappeared, Formula 1 had moved to NBC Sports.

MotoGP was on Fox Sports 2 last night, moved from 1 because of football. Even there it was delayed by football.

Fox Sports1 and Fox Sports 2 combine to have most of the actual racing content from SPEED. I don't miss the monster trucks or the 2 guys garage swill.

The problem is that Fox Sports 2 is not available to many people. I have Fox Sports 2 on Dish but it is standard definition and the picture is frequently of poor quality on my 60" TV. I miss the OLD Speed channel (not so much the recent one).

Back