• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What Gloves Do You Prefer?

captainmako21

Looking for some good armored gloves for my Airhead riding. I'm ATGATT ready except for gloves. I read good things about
the Cortech Vice Gloves. What are you men wearing? TIA.

Anyone found a glove that will work in temps in the low 20s (F) and sometimes the high teens? I've looked at the reviews on the gloves mentioned above, and none of them seem to provide cold protection at the lower riding temperatures. I have generic insulated leather gloves with gauntlets and have hand guards on my bars, so I get some wind protection and I use BMW silk under gloves at the low temps, which does provided extra warmth. That combination works somewhat OK down to the low 30s.

I have my first pair of heated gloves and am waiting to see how well they work when the temps fall. My one test ride with the gloves plugged in leave me hopeful. Thin enough for the heated grips to take care of my palms while still giving me good control feel with heating elements for the back of my hands and fingers.

Held- Steve Classic :thumb

Held- Warm and Dry :thumb

I agree. If you don't have heated grips and hand protectors (I don't) then thin glove liners will probably keep your hands happy 10 degrees F. colder than without them. When temps get close to the freezing mark, my hands get cold after about an hour with liners and Held Warm and Dry gloves. The fit (I ordered the same size as the Steve's) is excellent as is the control feel, and in serious rain my hands stayed dry.

Also have a pair of Gerbing heated gloves. Should sell them. They DO keep your hands warm when it is really cold, but the control feel sucks and I don't like messing with those extra wires. They are something to consider though if 20 F. riding is something you want to do.

Many good words in other threads on BMW gloves. If possible (as with helmets and other gear) buy locally or else get a firm return policy. Once bought a pair of gloves which were great feeling in the store. Hadn't ridden two blocks before I found a seem pushing quite painfully into my hand - returned them. The moral is that there are many quality products which work well for many people - but may not work for you - and fit is perhaps the most important consideration.

Mine are Held something or other, don't remember the model. They fit perfectly and work wonderfully for commuting for temps down to the 40's Fahrenheit. They're fitted with knuckle armor and such. Cooler than that, I use some type of winter (non-riding) glove.

They're just about worn out, I'm thinking my next pair will be the Held Steve's. Held makes good stuff.

BMW Pro Summer gloves: good general purpose glove, GoreTex, no hard armor, not really for temps above 85, the gloves that seem to work for most riding situations, I wear them down to mid 40s with heated grips

Vanson Engineer gloves (perforated version): top quality leather, well made, luxurious but bare-bones at the same time, no armor, my hot weather glove

Sliders Cold Pro Waterproof Insulated Gloves with Kevlar: Sliders is a house brand for Competition Accessories, gloves work well in the cold with only the very tips of my fingers getting numb after a 40 mile early morning commute, web bike world mirrored my experience and opinions on the glove which was well received with the main gripe that it doesn't have a good enough cinching system, armored, $45 (!!!!), how can you argue vehemently with that?

Back