• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many sold

Justscootin

Jeff Wilson life member
I was talking to the dealer in las Vegas yesterday and he was saying they had only sold 4 scooters till this time with a population of 2 million. My dealer will not tell me how many they have sold. Any ideas for your areas?

scooters will never be big in the US, there is a stigma associated with them, irregardless of the function. My bet is they sell very well in Europe and other parts of the world where scooters are every day transportation.

I was not able to find a US total for you but sales appear to be running behind world wide scooter sales for BMW Motorrad on a percentage basis.

World wide YTD BMW Motorrad has sold 93,154 units of which 7210 (7.7%) were scooters. BMW US first mentioned their scooter models in a July sales release but only said demand was out stripping supply. In August they reported selling 77 (6.5% of total sales for the month) and 64 (6.7) Scooters are a niche segment of BMW Motorrad production and in turn maxi scooters are a niche in the scooter segment of PTWs. FWIW the S 1000 RR is a niche bike in BMW Motorrad production sold in a niche of the MC market. They have stuck with and spent a bunch of money on the S which appears to be selling at about the same rate.

Back