• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pre-installed GPS/wiring question

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
I have a friend who's wife is trying to help him be able to use the MP3 player on his BMW motorrad GPS with earbuds. She asked me for help since I use my 660 with earbuds. I use the aux output jack from the octopus wiring harness or the actual jack on the side of the unit. Problem with helping her is the cradle for the BMW GPS covers the jacks on the side of the unit and i have no idea what the original harness looks like since it was dealer installed. Anyone know if the wiring harness for the BMW unit has the output jack or is their another way to use earbuds with this unit without a lot of re-wiring?

The only ways I know that WORK to do this are to use bluetooth or to use a device like an Autocom which would also ultimately use bluetooth.
You could probably REPLACE the BMW cradle with a generic Garmin one and then you would have access to the audio out port. I don't know if you lose functionality in that case. If you have questions about the Autocom solution, email me off forum at lisa@autocomdirect.com

Back