• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

F800gt windshield options

Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields? Cathy

Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields?
Welcome to the forum! I will move your post to the F-Twins area where you will have a better response. Fixed up your title a bit- it'll help.
Gary

Mad Stad Windscreen

Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields? Cathy

I have replaced my windshield with the MadStad adjustable screen and I really enjoy it. Yes, much better than the original and the adjustability is supreme. I went with the 20" height and Light Gray color, my inseam is 27 , height 5'9"and even though I do look over the top the height is totally adjustable. With my other bikes I have used non adjustable replacement screens, even though these have been OK, the MadStad is much better.

I have the Masted windshield on my GT and love it. There is not many aftermarket offerings for a replacement windshield, but the Madstad has been received with some pretty good success. If you brouse the F800 forum, GT Modifications, you will find plenty of information on this subject.

Linky: http://f800riders.org/

bob

Can you folks tell us your height and the size screen you're using- and whether you'd pick that again or something shorter/taller?

Can you folks tell us your height and the size screen you're using- and whether you'd pick that again or something shorter/taller?

As stated originally...5'9"..20" screen and this height is fine. With their windshields you have many inches of choice with the adjustable mount once you have it installed. Nice people to do business with as well.

I am 6'5" and sit pretty high on the bike. Added a Russell Day Long seat that raises you up pretty good. I have the 22" windshield on the bike and have no issues. It is adjustable and you can lower if needed. At the present time I prefer it to be in the full up position and find that to be very comfortable.

bob

There are also 3 VStream options coming. Polycarbonate they use is a superior material to acrylic both for optical clarity and toughness. But the adjustability of the Madstad is a big plus even with the inferior, excessively thick plastic they end up using.

Back