• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Attachment demands text

WalterK75

I have tried to post photographs and every time it seems I have to add text in order for the posting to work. However, I see other people who have posted pictures without any text. How is this done?

I have tried to post photographs and every time it seems I have to add text in order for the posting to work. However, I see other people who have posted pictures without any text. How is this done?
Generally-:hungover..........if you have attached something, it comes in a way the software sees as "after the fact" because it looks for it as an addition to the post. I think the forum controls are set so no post can be made without at least 4 characters. Some posters have gone and just done 4 periods-(....) to satisfy the software. While I haven't messed with this in a while, It might be a bit different on the first post- (starting post) in a thread. You may be able to include text, post, then go back and edit the text out so it looks like it was never there.
I usually just type in "Here's one") or something generic and move on.
OM

i-njGzpqj.jpg

I think it's the attached pictures from the (a) computer that gives the trouble as just typing the IMG code is enough to get the software satisfied.
OM

Uploading a picture is the problem. Thanks for the answers. If I use a link then it seems I don't need to add text because its already there otherwise text needed.

There may be a setting somewhere, but I've seen people upload an image and use as little as a single period as the "text" part of the post. Not sure the reasons, though.

Back