• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good News GS 911 Users....

beemeup

2009 R1200RT
I got an e-mail notice from Hex Code a couple of days ago telling me that the GS 911 app is
available for android tablets on Google Play. I downloaded it ($9.99) onto my Samsung
Galaxy Note 10.1 and it runs perfectly. I have it on my phone, but the tablet is much easier
to work with than the phone.

Just a comment - it's worth visiting the HexCode website (http://www.hexcode.co.za) and make sure that your phone is capable of running the software. Many "branded" phones aren't - my HTC/Verizon can't run it, despite being able to see the GS-911 with Bluetooth. There are lots of instructions and a downloadable "verifier" on HexCode's website.

Good Suggestion....

Good Suggestion Don,
It can be kind of tricky what android phone you can load this on and which ones you can't.
They do have a list of which ones work and which ones don't at Hex Code and it is updated
all the time.

Oddly enough, I'm using an HTC One X (ATT) and I was able to download GS 911 off the
Hex Code site with no problem. On my previous HTC android, I couldn't and found a neat
trick on You Tube for getting around that problem.......I've been considering moving to a
Samsung Galaxy 4s, but I'm not certain it would work with GS 911, so for the time being
I'm staying with what I've got because it works.

Back