• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2 Person Tent Suggestions

Maybe Bud, but that 3 person Big Agnus tent, along with other camping items, packed into my left case, clothes were in the right, and the camera (and a spare shock) were in the top box. Not really a lot, but when I unpack, yes, it does seem like a lot of stuff.

Now when I'm going to spend decent amount of time in one location, I take "my house tent". It is an English tent, a Wynnster Monaco 4, similar in size and setup, but lower than the Redverz tent. It has a large "mud" room, which leaves the actual sleeping area very tidy. :dance

In Paul's defense, he is much more organize than I am. I tend to pile stuff up and then whine when I can not find something. :hungover Paul has room enough for a place for everything and everything in it's place. :clap

But he is a lot of fun to ride and camp with, even leaving his home in CA in a snow storm just to come to S. Illinois. :ca

One Feature to Consider

I have three tents that I use, each having it's own purpose. For overnight stops, a 2 man Eureka, which feels like a cramped coffin, works well and packs at about 3 or 4 pounds. The three man Big Agnus, weighing in about 5 or 6 pounds, is good for a weekend stay, and also packs small. The week long campsite requires the Wynnster Monaco 4, weighs in at about 15 pounds, provides lots of space and on occasion, I've packed it in the GIVI top box (with space left over).

The first two have the same major disadvantage; neither can be erected in the rain without getting the tent's interior wet because of the tents' mesh walls, which have to be erected before placing the fly over top. However, the Wynnstar fly is erected before the actual tent, thus enabling one to assembly the complete setup in the rain, with the tent interior remaining perfectly dry. :bow

When one day I go shopping for my fourth tent, it must have the feature of being able be to assembled in the rain, while keeping the tent's interior dry. :thumb

Kelty Gunnison 2-

Large enough for 2 to sleep comfortably w/some room for gear at end (clothes & personal items)
2 doors/entrances for easy access without climbing over your buddy
2 nice sized vestibules to store the gear that won't fit inside
Good quality 3 season tent at a reasonable price- less than $150.00

Easy 2 pole set up w/clips- freestanding, gear loft and pockets on each end for wallet, glasses, etc..
Sets up in about 10 minutes

The only change I have made it to add stronger pegs

I will 2nd Eureka. I have a mountain pass 2, and it is a snap to put up. I just got done traveling for a week with a couple other riders and they had some high tech Big Agnes tents, I had mine set up before they could assemble the poles for theirs, and the sae coming down, done in a couple minutes, tops.

I bought a Redverz tent at the Sedalia Rally. I travel solo but like the extra room this tent provides and I can stand up in it. The large vestibule allows me to set up a Kermit chair and table and use my small stove in inclement weather. The tent packs into a bag 9" in diameter and 22" in length poles and all.

RIDE SAFE

Back