• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Falling Leaf

At our local club meeting last night, a large percentage of our membership is planning to go.

I've been watching the weather forcasts, and looks like rain Saturday, and possibly Sunday!
Can we say Frogtogs?

Ken

Chicago to Falling Leaf

Several members of BMW Motorrad Club Northern Illinois will be going! Here is the info from our eblast we sent out. (If you want to get on our ride notification list just sign up on our website HERE) If you go to the link for routes (downloadable Garmin routes), we also have some routes that will provide some great riding once there.

All are welcome to join us! :wave

2013_Falling_Leaf_Logofaddd9.gif

Ride Leader: Kirk Johnson
Departure Date: Friday October 11, 2013
Departure time: 8:30 am
Returning: Sunday October 13th
Meeting place: Mobil Station Rt 47 across from Del Webb in Huntley
Miles to Destination: 393
Arrival Time: Approximately 4 PM
Destination Address: The Lions Club Fairgrounds in Potosi, Missouri.
GPS Coordinates
: N37.94545 W090.79804

Weather Outlook: Highs in the upper 70's, lows in the mid 50's; slight chance of drizzles... nothing we can't handle
Route Downloads
: Here
Description and travel notes: Please take note of the departure time and location! This is our last rally trip of the year! There are some awesome roads down there and I plan to ride them fast and furious! For the most part, it is a straight shot down there and back. Saturday I will lead a ride over the valley and a through the woods for about 150 miles and be back in time for a gin and tonic! If you are up for some fast curves be sure to join us!

BMW riders worrying about rain? Whassup widdat?

It will either be Frozen Leaf or Floating Leaf. But always worth the effort to ride this area.

.... deliver the wood, polish the anvil...

... the Cincinnati seven, at least some of us ... will be there! The St Genevieve ferry may be busy this weekend....:D

Joining a few others near Evansville, IN ... for the ride in. Request dry or frozen over last weekends wet leaves please.

"travel'n" john
13 R12RT

Several of us from Bloomington, IL will be there. I am headed that way today to explore areas of Mo. especially the old route 66. There are old mom and pop motels, restaurants and great roads along the route. "Get your kicks on route 66............."

Riding in Mo. is a treat for us central IL flatlanders.

Was wondering the same thing :dunno

Coming in Friday, bringing an airhead this year.

Cant wait, awesome riding, and good crowd.

Was wondering the same thing :dunno

Coming in Friday, bringing an airhead this year.

Cant wait, awesome riding, and good crowd.

Didnt you ride a white KTM last year, I was on a red R1200R on top of hill and I plan to be there this year

Yup that was me :D

You guys had the endless bags of snack food around the fire.
Everyone coming again this year?

Weather looks good this year :thumb

Attachments

• 2012-10-12%2018.25.36[1].jpg
    2012-10-12%2018.25.36[1].jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 198
Yes I think there will be some of the same guys, I should be there by early afternoon hopefully. See you there :wave

Falliing Leaf

I will pop in for lunch tomorrow - weather permitting. However once you have been a few times it really lacks much of a draw. I guess the roads in the area are a draw, but I live near Potosi and ride the curvy blacktop most nice days. Look for a Vermillion red K1600GT - that's me.

A great time was had this year at Falling Leaf. A big hand out to the Gateway Riders for putting on a great rally at a great location.

Everyone needs to plan on making this rally next year

Ditto for me, awesome time. Enjoyed hanging with the milers.
That Oliver, what an entertainer.

Not much color this year. Lucked out with rain sat morning, most
went around. Decent attendance given the weather forecast. Hope GR
made some money.

Be back next year!

Great Rally.. my first time there (also my first ferry crossing with my bike on the way there and back).. will be back for sure next year. Really nice riding. Besides some rain in the morning on Saturday it was great weather! Continued for another week trip afterwards ..to WV and VA ..peak fall colors and beautiful roads :)

falling leaf.jpg

ferry.jpg

2013 R1200R light grey

Back