• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R90s Scams?

srq.fl

Two beautiful R90s rides I contacted both seem like scams. A 1974

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/detail...each-fl/?cm_mmc=OODLE_PREVIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA

and a 1976.

http://batonrougela.global-free-classified-ads.com/listings/1-76-bmw-r-series-r-0s-it1117989.html

Both owned by cruise ship employees who have the bikes with a shipping company who will deliver the bikes and title after first sending the money.

Am I missing something? I would have thought this was the last group of people who'd fall for this...or are these seller's trying to make transactions "simple by choice"? :)

Randy

There are still letters from Nigeria out there who are looking for people to help them deposit money. You would think everybody heard of it by now. It seems to still work.

Does it work to mail a check from Latex National Bank? At least it will cost them to deposit a bad check..........

There are still letters from Nigeria out there who are looking for people to help them deposit money. You would think everybody heard of it by now. It seems to still work.

The guys you really need to watch out for are those guys who say they are German, and even use German names like "Simon." They also say things like they actually know something about BMWs (because they think they have a corner on the truth because they are German) and they even claim to own a few.

DO NOT BELIEVE anyone who comes to you with this scoop. It is a SCAM!!!

BEWARE, I told you first!

I was looking at a Triumph a year ago and the same deal........Cruise ship employee. I saw the same bike in another publication about a month ago, same pic and info. Beware!

Takes me back

When I purchased a bike for a member here, I found his pictures on several sites: each with a different email address. There it was in front of his house, the bike I had sitting in my garage, but still listed for all these different email address for about 1/2 what I paid for it: I guess I could of purchased it from one of those guys and saved me some money?

This went on for a long time, I reported to the listing sites but nothing was done, the ad appeared for a long time.

Two beautiful R90s rides I contacted both seem like scams. A 1974

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/detail...each-fl/?cm_mmc=OODLE_PREVIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA

and a 1976.

http://batonrougela.global-free-classified-ads.com/listings/1-76-bmw-r-series-r-0s-it1117989.html

Both owned by cruise ship employees who have the bikes with a shipping company who will deliver the bikes and title after first sending the money.

Am I missing something? I would have thought this was the last group of people who'd fall for this...or are these seller's trying to make transactions "simple by choice"? :)

Randy

BEWARE, BEWARE. They attempt the same scam on eBay. Just reply and tell them you need get clarification of legitimacy from your Attorney Generals office (which means nothing). I did that and they pulled the bike(s) listings off eBay within the hour.

Scam Artists

I ran into a similar scam when I sold a scooter I had on Craigslist. Got a "soldier" from a Georgia base who wanted
to buy the scooter and who was going "overseas" and had only a day to buy the scooter. Promised they would have someone pick the scooter
up from me and send me a cashier's check over-night. I said sure; just as soon as I contacted the base commander to confirm their status and their orders. Suddenly, no more emails from the scam artists. Craigslist is full of cons and frauds. Beware.

The scammer must've just finished watching Die Hard: 3, if Jeremy Irons German accent was believable...

What was interesting to me is the detailed description of the bikes and the "issues" that had been addressed. For a scam there was as least some thought as to what "words" would need to go with the "eye candy". And, assuming its the same scammer, they even knew the difference in posting the 74 and 76 R90s with the right front brake rotors (drilled and not). Made you want to believe it was true visually...but then they forgot to consider that the level of detail provided would automatically make this community suspicious. Obviously they have the pictures of someone's nice 74 and 76.

Back