• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How Big is Big Enough?

Buy a Harley

Really, you may want to check out a Harley Soft tail, Dyna Glide or the like just to compare your comfort. I know this is blasphemy, but it may be more comfortable for you. You are a pretty big person.

Isn't Boaz, the outlet capital of the world? I bought my two boys (now 27 & 23 and one is a BMW owner) some toys from there when I was down on a business trip to Gadsden, AL.

Boaz used to be a big outlet center back in the 80s and early 90s but there are so many outlet malls on the interstates now that it dried up about ten years ago. The buildings are sitting almost empty. I moved from Orlando to Birmingham back in 82 and my wife used to come up here shopping for bargains. I was a corporate pilot in Birmingham and my employer in the 90s had a store in the mall here and outlet malls across the country. I moved up here in 02 to take a job flying for Progress Rail Services (a Caterpillar Subsidiary) and then my wife had to go back to Birmingham to shop.

I'm 6' 2", size 12 feet, 33" inseam, and 215lbs - while I Really enjoyed my 88 R100RT (monolever frame) the fairing lowers did pretty much restrict foot position a bit more than the carbs and cylinders did alone. And the placement of the passenger pegs would cause foot conflicts when my wife was riding on the back (she has size 9 feet, but she claims that they are 'little'.... yeah) anyhow...

If you want to go with an airhead, I'd look at the R100GS to have the most "moving around" room for you, and plenty of seat height to work with. Unfortunately these aren't as easy to find, but they are out there. As a next best, I'd agree that the R100/7 isn't bad. The stock seat is actually at least an inch taller than the aftermarket corbin I've tried on my /7, but seats can be changed if needed, within some range.

Back