• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ilium Works Customer Service - Very Odd

sickticket

I've had excellent experience with Schuberth, Bob's BMW and other venders but my jaw dropped to the floor dealing with Ilium.

Almost two weeks ago I ordered, via the internet, Ilium Works touring foot pegs for my 2013 R1200RT. I have ordered from Ilium before and I had read good reviews for this item. I placed the order using my credit card on record and I received an email that evening confirming the order. I was hoping to receive the gear so that I could install them this past weekend. Nothing arrived.

Because I have this Friday and weekend off I was hoping to work on the bike. When I did not receive the touring pegs today (Thursday - 10 days after placing order) I sent them an email questioning when they plan on shipping the item. I received a response within two hours and "Ron" stated they have the touring pegs in stock and would I like them to be sent out? WHAT?????

I immediately responded back that, if they had them in stock, why was my order not filled? Does it require an inquiry from a customer to get a prepaid order filled? I also asked if I did not email them, how soon would they get around to sending something in stock? That is the strangest customer service department I have ever run across.

Ok, I am now off my soap-box. Have a good weekend, keep the wheels down and stay on the right side of the sod.

The good news is they make good stuff and it is only a farkle- probably not your first or last. If you end up like me you'll always have projects that need doing on one machine or the other so I just move on to the next until the parts arrive.

I relax a lot better now that I'm retired with no deadlines and no hoards of people and issues to think about.

If you think Ilium is slow don't order lights from Rigid. Will be 30 days to 3 months. Are apparently selling more than they can make.

Back