• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dead internet air space

WalterK75

I'm having a problem with interrupted throughput from BMWMOA. I often click on a link in the Forum and nothing happens. I wait and try again and it may or may not connect. If I keep at it, eventually it connects and loads the page. Just now I was in the Forum and clicked on Home and nothing happened. Is the MOA server overloaded? At these times I ping my ISP and they are live. Any idea about the problem, cause and solution?

I don't know why it is Walter- but I know it happens. Sometimes when I click on something it just indicates "loading". When it goes for 15 or 20 seconds with no result, I usually stop loading the page and try again...usually works real quick. I had it the other night when I was posting and giving it another kick resulted in it telling me I was duplicating a post- which didn't happen.
If I could get a good pattern or a way to have it repeat consistently, I could send the info to the office.
Another glitch to be worked on.
OM

Last edited:
As I mentioned, I'm trying to find the reason for some of the goin's on. Things like this seem to happen less when my browser has been cleaned out of all the accumulated clutter.
If anyone else has a theory, speak up. I kinda think it boils down to the size of the database vs browser clutter- in this new version of VB.
OM

I don't know what causes it either, but it happens to me all the time also.
In my case it's not because of clutter, because I run a program called Wipe to clean adware, cookies, temporary internet files, ect
at least twice each day.

It seems to me to be some sort of an application hang, and thought it was probably in my computer, but after seeing that
several others experience the same problem....it must not be me.

Ken

Back